Brussels sprouts season is here and I love it!! I think Brussels sprouts are one of my favorite veggies. There are just so many ways to use them! They are great roasted, sautéed, air fried–you name it. They also make for a great tossed veggie or in a sheet pan. This Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad will be a crowd pleaser!
Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad:
What you need to make this Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad:
- Shredded Brussels sprouts: I buy a bag of shaved Brussels sprouts at Trader Joe’s to use for this recipe! If you don’t get a bag, you can also put Brussels sprouts in the food processor or finely chop yourself.
- Cranberries: these add the perfect sweetness to this salad! I like to use the unsweetened version.
- Bacon: who doesn’t love a little bacon in their salad? This is a delicious addition to the salad!
- Pecans: if you don’t have pecans, you can sub this for walnuts or leave out. It adds a great crunch here!
- Dijon mustard: a base in the dressing that adds the creamy mustard taste to this salad that’s so good.
- Olive oil: an addition to the dressing that’s a must for an at-home dressing.
- Red wine vinegar: a little goes a long way here! A pantry staple especially for making dressings at home.
- Honey: a little sweetness is perfect for this salad.
- Garlic powder, sea salt
How to pair this salad during the week:
- With chicken, salmon or any protein of choice! This salad makes for a delicious side dish to any dinner throughout the week
- Alongside a sandwich or wrap. If you want to prep this and have it as a simple side for your lunches all week, it’s perfect for a simple meal!
- As a side for the holidays! This will have everyone loving Brussels sprouts (even the skeptics!)
What I used to make this salad:
Why you’ll love this salad:
- It’s so easy to throw together! All you need are a couple ingredients, limited amount of chopping is involved and it makes a bunch!
- You’ll feel good eating this. It’s a simple salad that is made with ingredients that you know.
- This is a fun way to switch up how you enjoy Brussels sprouts!
- It can be made as meal prep for the week or used as side dish prep for the holidays! It’s perfect to store in the fridge for a couple hours because it gets even better as it soaks up the dressing.
Can I use maple syrup instead of honey for the sweetener?
Yes! If you’d like to switch out the sweetener in this dressing, you can use maple syrup instead of honey.
How many people will this salad serve?
This shaved Brussels sprouts salad can comfortably serve 4 people but can definitely serve 6 too. If you need to serve more, you can easily adjust to add more of the ingredients in the salad.
- This salad gets even better as it soaks up the creamy dressing! Plan to make it a few hours in advance of when you need to serve it for your holiday party! If you plan to have it for the week, great! It’s a great salad to keep for a couple days.
If you love this salad, you may also love these recipes on One Balanced Life:
- Thai Peanut Brussels sprouts
- Sweet Potato, Brussels sprouts and Chicken Sausage sheet pan
- Sweet & Sour Brussels sprouts
- Harvest Grain Bowl
- Harvest Cobb Salad
Looking for more holiday recipes? Try these!
Save and Pin for later!
- 1 12oz bag Shredded Brussels sprouts (or 3.5 cups shredded brussels sprouts in the food processor)
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped bacon (option to add more!)
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 tbsp water (may need more for desired consistency)
- Prepare bacon accordingly.
- Add shredded brussels, bacon, cranberries and pecans in a bowl and mix.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together in small bowl. Combine with salad and throughly mix.
- Store in fridge for 4+ hrs!
until next time...