It’s spaghetti squash season! I love making these because there are so many ways to switch them up. They are also great to prep for the week and use in a variety of ways. Not only are they great for something easy but they are pretty simple to make, especially when you’re tossing everything into a boat like I did here. If you’re looking for a delicious plant based recipe, you’ll love this one!
What you need to make this spaghetti squash:
- Spaghetti Squash
- Garlic clove
- Veggie Broth
- Olive oil
- Sea salt, pepper, oregano, cumin
Tips for making your spaghetti squash:
- Start by poking holes in the spaghetti squash
- Micorwave for 2 minutes.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half!
- Scrape out the inside using a fork.
- Place on baking sheet and spray with a little olive oil, sea salt and pepper
- Bake at 400 for 40-45 minutes
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these recipes on One Balanced Life:
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (or use desired amount of cheese)
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup marinara
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup veggie broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Start by poking holes in the spaghetti squash and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and scrape out the inside with a fork.
- Place squash on a baking sheet and top with a little olive oil, sea salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400 for 40-45 minutes.
- While spaghetti squash is baking, prepare the "stuffing" by adding onion and minced garlic to a pan with olive oil to saute.
- On medium to low heat, add chickpeas, veggie broth, spinach. Continue to mix until spinach wilts.
- Add in seasonings: cumin, oregano, sea salt & pepper
- Add in 1/2 cup marinara and mix together.
- When spaghetti squash finishes cooking, allow to cool before scraping the inside into another bowl.
- Add other 1/2 cup of marinara to the bowl of spaghetti squash and mix throughly.
- Add spaghetti squash back into boats and use chickpea mixture to top. Sprinkle with cheese and place back in the oven to bake for 8 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Top with red pepper flakes and enjoy!
until next time...