I can’t get over how good this is! I loved it because I happened to have all the ingredients on hand that you may have too! It includes a lot of staples, including plain greek yogurt which I like to always keep around. I love using this for yogurt bowls, adding in sauces and now this on pot pasta!
What I love about this even more is that all you need is ONE bowl to make it and it comes together in no time. Plus, I can guarantee the whole family will love it.
If you want to switch this up or add in more protein or veggies, you totally can! Some different things you can add in are chicken sausage (sautéed before adding) or green veggies like broccoli, peas, etc. This would also be great as a side dish alongside chicken, salmon or a burger. It’s like a boxed Mac n cheese but a little healthier and better right?!
If you love this one pot pasta, you may also like these pasta dishes on One Balanced Life :
- Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- Shrimp Asparagus Pasta
- Southwestern Pasta Salad
Make this and let me know what you think!
How to make creamy one pot pasta:
Using whatever pasta you choose, prepare according to package. Once the pasta finishes cooking, be sure to reserve some of the pasta water before completely draining the noodles. Let it sit aside while you bring the same bowl back to medium heat on the stove with leftover water and spinach (this will wilt and cook down!). Pour cooked pasta over top and stir in shredded parmesan cheese, greek yogurt and spices. You want to make sure the heat doesn’t get too hot here! So make sure it is at medium to low heat. Continue to stir while cheese melts and spinach welts. You can add in sautéed veggies or other add-in’s here if you’d like!
- 1 box pasta (I used a chickpea pasta here)
- 1/4 cup water, use leftover pasta water
- 1 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (I just used the plain greek yogurt from Trader Joes!)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta according to package.
- When pasta finishes cooking, drain and reserve a 1/4 cup of pasta water behind.
- Let pasta sit aside in seperate bowl.
- Bring bowl back to medium heat on the stove with leftover water and add spinach.
- Pour cooked pasta on top of spinach.
- Add in shredded parmesan cheese, greek yogurt and spices. Turn heat to medium low heat.
- Continue to stir while cheese melts and spinach welts.
- Top with red pepper flakes.
until next time...