If there was one thing that I had to choose to prep each week, it would be this! This healthy breakfast hash is one of my favorite things to have because I’ll literally have it at any meal. It’s a go-to for me to have for breakfast and I will pair it with some avocado and eggs for a balanced meal. It hits the spot every time no matter if it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner. Not only is this breakfast hash simple and delicious, but it keeps me feeling full and satisfied until lunch. Therefore I’m not reaching for something an hour later to snack on.
Healthy Breakfast Hash
The best thing is that this breakfast hash makes a bunch too so you’ll have leftovers for the week if you’re feeding for one or able to serve the whole family it’s great in that sense! You can totally switch things out based off what you have or what you like/don’t like. A lot of times I will throw in extra veggies if I have them on hand and it’s a great way to clean out the fridge if you’re getting close to the end of the week and still have a bunch that you need to cook up! The veggies in here are staples for me to have each week so something like this can come together easily.
Other add-ins to consider for the breakfast hash:
- Chicken sausages: this is great if you want to make it a little more balanced with protein.
- Bell Pepper
- Breakfast sausages
- Regular potatoes
Why the breakfast hash is great to prep for the week:
- It’s great for any meal- breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- It reheats well!
- There are many ways to switch it up or pair it for different meals
- It’s a satisfying and healthy meal
How to pair your breakfast hash:
- With eggs! Try them scrambled, hardboiled or jammy eggs with this
- With breakfast sausages
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these recipes on One Balanced Life:
- 4 cups sweet potatoes (cut up in cubes)
- 2 cups brussels (cup up in halves)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil, avocado oil or avocado oil spray
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt & pepper
- Garnish with red pepper flakes & fresh cilantro or dill!
- Optional: add in 2-3 chicken & apple chicken sausages
- Chop up all the veggies before you begin: sweet potatoes, Brussel sprouts, mushrooms, onion. (I add sweet potato to the microwave for two minutes to heat up-makes it softer to saute!)
- In a pan, add 1 tbsp olive oil and 2 minced garlic cloves
- Add in sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts on medium to high heat. Make sure to add these in first since they take the longest to cook through.
- Continually stir while sautéing. Tip: I like to microwave my sweet potato for two minutes before cutting up to soften and make it easier to saute.
- Add in the remaining veggies and continue to sauté on medium to low heat. Add in seasonings.
- Top with red pepper flakes! Pair with eggs, avocado or whatever you like!
until next time...