Every time I go to a restaurant and they have Brussels sprouts on the menu, you know I’m definitely going to be getting it. I love the variety of ways that they can be switched up and all the different ways to pair them with meals. Anyone else have the days when they didn’t even want to come near brussels sprouts?? Now I hardly go a week without buying them!
Whether it’s making them into fun dishes like these sweet and tangy Brussels sprouts or just roasting them to pair with another dish, they are too good. If you made the Sweet and Tangy Brussel Sprouts, this is the same sauce recipe, I just switched it out for Brussels sprouts. Definitely check out the cauliflower too if you’re a fan of cauliflower!
- 6 cups chopped Brussels sprouts
- Avocado Oil spray
- Sea salt, pepper
- For the sauce:
- 1/2 c raw honey
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- sea salt
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp arrowroot powder + 2 & 1/2 tbsp water (mixed together)
- Garnish: green onion & more red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop up brussels sprouts into halves and place on baking sheet.
- Coat with avocado oil spray, sea salt & pepper
- Bake for 25 minutes and shuffle, then bake again for 20-25 minutes until crispy. Set aside
- Make the sauce by combining all the ingredients (leave out the arrowroot) on the stove on medium to low heat. Stir continually.
- Add in the arrowroot mixture and continue to stir until sauce begins to thicken.
- Add Brussels sprouts into a bowl and pour sauce overtop. Mix together.
- Top with green onion & more red pepper flakes.
until next time...