FRYDAY just got a little better with these zucchini fries. I mean, not much can beat a french fry but ill tell ya, these are delicious and they are a great way to use that zucchini that you have in the fridge. This time of year is a great time to pick up zucchini at the store. It not only is in season but it’s a great price and can be used in so many different ways!
This time of year is a great time to take advantage of all the zucchini recipes since they are in season and delicious right now! I personally love to use it in a saute, in omelets, in a one pan meal, into “boats” and you name it! Seriously so many options.
Can we take a minute to appreciate the air fryer!? I mean this thing is seriously a GAME CHANGER. I throw everything in mine and it makes your life even better when you don’t feel like cooking but want to make something. I use this one!
What’s a fry without a dipping sauce right!? I paired these with my southwestern creamy sauce. It’s perfect because it’s creamy but still has a little kick to it! If you want to make this sauce, here’s what you need:
- 1/2 cup siggi’s plain yogurt (or any plain greek yogurt)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 juice of lime
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1/4 tsp chili powder, pinch of cumin, pinch of paprika, salt & pepper to taste. Can adjust all of these to taste!
These zucchini fries are Whole30, Gluten Free and Dairy Free!
Other ways to use zucchini:
- In a saute (think one pan meal!)
- Make tuna melt or pizza boats!
- In a scramble or omelete
How do you make Air Fried Zucchini Fries?
Start by making two bowls–one with the almond flour mixture with seasonings and another with the egg mixture. Set aside while you chop up the zucchini into fries. The best way to do this is by cutting it in half and then making pieces from that. Roll each “fry” into the egg mixture to fully coat and then into the flour mixture. Set aside until you have done that for all of the fries.
Place them in your air fryer (make sure to leave space in between each one to fully crisp up! And bake at 400 degrees for 11-12 minutes. You can make your sauce while these are baking.
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Make two bowls: one with egg mixture and another one with almond flour and spice mix.
- Cut zucchini into smaller “fry” pieces. I cut the zucchini in half and then pieces from that.
- Roll a piece into the egg mix and then flour mix. Set aside.
- Place in air fryer (with enough space apart **it’s important they aren’t touching)
- Bake at 400 for 11-12 minutes.
- Serve with dipping sauce of choice!
until next time...