I love having breakfast ready for the week ahead. It makes the mornings a bit easier when you have something to easily pull out of the fridge. I love this Healthy Breakfast Egg Bake because there are a lot of ways that you can switch it up, based off what you like! You can load it up with more veggies or keep it a little simpler. I do recommend keeping in the breakfast sausage as I feel it adds a lot more flavor to something like this. Let’s be honest, these can get a little boring after a while but this combo is one that you’ll look forward to in the morning!
Breakfast Egg Bake
What you need for this Breakfast Egg Bake:
- Sweet Italian Breakfast Sausage (I use the Butcher Box Sausage!)
- Red Bell Pepper
- Orange Bell Pepper
- Feta cheese (optional)
- Sea salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Avocado Oil spray
Can I use any sausage?
Yes! Any breakfast sausage will work here. I love the flavors of the Sweet Italian Breakfast Sausage from Butcher Box that I used here. Any flavors will work great here and adds a lot of flavor to this simple breakfast.
Can I switch up the veggies in this?
Yes! There are so many ways to switch this up to either add more veggies or use what you have on hand. I’ve added spinach before but you can also do onions!
Best way to reheat your egg bake:
If prepping this to have for breakfast during the week, I recommend keeping it in a sealed container to keep in the fridge. When you’re ready to reheat, place in the microwave for 50 seconds to a minute to heat up. Top with fresh avocado!
Why meal prepping may be beneficial for the week:
- Having this breakfast egg bake ready in the fridge makes the morning a breeze! When you don’t have to worry about making breakfast and can quickly reheat this for your meal.
- Helps create a balanced eating schedule when you have a healthy breakfast in the morning! This egg bake makes for a balanced meal of protein, fat and carbs which is a great way to start your day.
- One less meal to worry about during the week! We all don’t want to have to worry about our meals every day right? Having this ready means breakfast is covered.
Can I use an 8×8 or pie dish?
Yes, this egg bake can be cooked in a pie dish or 8×8 depending on preference! I like doing the 8×8 the best for thicker pieces! Be sure to spray the pan with avocado oil or olive oil spray before adding veggies.
How to make a Healthy Breakfast Egg Bake:
- Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop up all veggies. Cook breakfast sausage accordingly.
- In large bowl, crack 10 eggs. Whisk together. Add sea salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In 8×8 dish, layer with sausage and peppers. Top with feta cheese. I like to do layers of each so they even out!
- Pour egg mixture on top of veggies and sausage in dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the top of the egg bake starts to brown.
- Serve with avocado and red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
What I used for this recipe:
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these easy breakfasts on One Balanced Life:
- Copycat Starbucks Spinach & Feta Wrap
- Breakfast Veggie Wrap
- Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats
Looking for more meals to meal prep for the week? Try these!
- Healthy Chicken Salad
- Turkey Marinara Stuffed Zucchini
- Mediterranean Tuna Salad
- Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwich
Save and Pin for later!
- 10 eggs
- 1 package (1lb) sweet Italian ground breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small orange bell pepper
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop up all veggies. Prepare breakfast sausage accordingly.
- In large bowl, crack 10 eggs and whisk. Add sea salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In 8x8 dish or pie dish (sprayed with avocado oil or olive oil spray to prevent sticking), layer with the sausage and veggies. Top with feta cheese.
- Pour egg mixture on top of sausage and veggies in the 8x8 to completely cover.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the top has lightly browned.
- Cut into pieces. Top with red pepper flakes and serve with avocado.
until next time...