You know those meals that come together in one pan, take 10-15 minutes and can be used in a variety of ways during the week!? Those are the best ones! These One Pan Chicken Fajitas are just that. Not only do these come together easily for a quick weeknight dinner, but they are great to have as leftovers to reheat the next day. Put these chicken fajitas into a taco, eat by themselves or top it on a salad to enjoy. So many ways to switch them up!
One Pan Chicken Fajitas
During the week, all you want are meals that won’t take a lot of time and something that you can even enjoy the next day. Leftovers are key when making a meal and these One Pan Chicken Fajitas are one of my favorites for leftovers! Not only are these great right out of the skillet, but in tacos, with rice or on top of a salad! This meal only takes 15 minutes and you have a healthy, balanced meal ready! I guarantee that everyone will love these too.
What you need:
- Chicken Tenders: I used organic chicken tenders here and then cut them length wise to get more “strips” with the chicken.
- Red bell pepper: peppers are a key in fajitas and great for this skillet meal!
- Green bell pepper: adding in a little variety with the green and red bell pepper in this skillet, but you can use any peppers that you have on hand here!
- Yellow onion: the onions added into the skillet add so much flavor
- Taco seasoning: the key in this recipe that adds SO much flavor! I love using these packets from Siete.
- Sweet corn: a simple can of corn that you may already have in your pantry.
- Avocado Oil: this is a great oil to use for high heat cooking, like you are using the cast iron skillet!
- Sea salt
Different ways you can switch these up:
- Top the one pan chicken fajitas on a salad!
- Prepare brown or cilantro rice to top these chicken fajitas on.
- Put these chicken fajitas into a corn or flour tortilla!
- Eat them in a bowl with a little shredded Mexican cheese and cilantro on top!
How to make One Pan Chicken Fajitas:
- Start by chopping up all ingredients. Cutting the peppers and onions into long strips and the chicken tenders into long strips.
- Coat chicken with taco seasoning.
- Heat up cast iron skillet with avocado oil. Be sure it’s heated before placing chicken!
- Place chicken in the skillet.
- Once chicken has sautéed for a couple minutes and is fully cooked, remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Place onion and peppers into the skillet and spray with a little avocado oil. Add sea salt, pepper, garlic powder and additional taco seasoning. Mix to sauté.
- While peppers are still firm, add chicken to mix in. Remove from the heat and serve!
- Option to add fresh cilantro and shredded mexican cheese.
What I used to make this recipe:
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
- One Pot Taco Pasta
- Spring Roll in a Bowl
- BBQ Chicken Tostadas
- One Pan Sweet Potato Ground Turkey Meal
Looking for more easy dinner recipes? Check out this blog post with a roundup of easy weeknight dinners.
One Pan Chicken Fajitas
One Pan Meal!
- 1 1lb chicken tenders
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt & pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- optional: fresh cilantro, shredded Mexican cheese
- Start by chopping up all ingredients. Cut chicken tenders into strips and bell peppers, onion into long strips.
- Coat chicken in taco seasoning. Leaving 1 tsp behind.
- Heat cast iron skillet with avocado oil.
- Once heated, place chicken to cook. Saute for a couple minutes and then once full cooked, remove from pan.
- Add in peppers and onion. Add additional avocado oil spray if needed (I like to use the spray here) with additional spices: sea salt, pepper, garlic powder and 1 tsp taco seasoning and can of corn. Mix to saute.
- Add chicken back into the skillet and mix with peppers.
- Top with fresh cilantro and red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
until next time...
Leave a Reply