There are a few things that I value when it come to dinnertime: I want it to be easy, delicious and make me feel good. I know what it’s like to be at the office all day and the last thing you want to do is come home and cook a meal with a ton of ingredients. There are a few things that you can do at the beginning of the week to make dinner even easier during the week too.
When it comes to dinner meal prep this is what I like to keep in mind:
- Even something as simple as cutting up veggies can go a long way when it comes to throwing together a dinner during the week
- Depending on what you’re making, it’s easy to prep the pasta noodles, turkey burgers, or sauce ahead of time (i.e. on Sunday) so that you don’t have to worry about that!
- Think about making meals that are going to have leftovers! This makes it easier for lunches during the week.
- Find meals that require a few of the same ingredients so nothing goes to waste. For example, if I make the turkey burgers, i’ll use the remaining to throw in a sheet pan or one pan meal to saute.
If you’re not particular about having specific ‘meals’ during the week, I like to do more component meal prep at the beginning of the week to make meals easy to throw together. This means choosing 2 proteins and 3-4 veggies to roast or sauté and then create bowls throughout the week.
For example, I would make a batch of shredded chicken and salmon. Then I would roast or air fry sweet potatoes, broccoli, Brussels sprouts and cauliflower. Then you can get greens and different sauces to combine the different ingredients to make a meal.
I’ve rounded up some of my favorite weeknight dinners that are not only simple ingredients, but easy enough to include elements in prep to make a meal come together:
- Buffalo Turkey Burger Sweet Potato Sliders
- One Sheet Pan Meal with Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- Greek Turkey Burgers Sweet Potato Sliders
- BBQ Chicken Tostadas
- Spring Roll in A Bowl
- Cashew Garlic Sauce with Pasta
- Shrimp Pad Thai
- Shrimp Tostadas
- Creamy One Pot Pasta
- Cheesy Chickpea and Farro
until next time...