I think I have a slight obsession with sweet potato sliders. If anyone wants to tell me to stop making them, I won’t be offended haha but seriously, sweet potatoes as a little bun for burgers is my favorite! And it makes for the easiest weeknight meal. Plus, anything with a Japanese sweet potato bun is speaking my love language.
When it comes to making the sliders, you can prep everything ahead of time so that when you assemble these it’s even easier. The BBQ chicken burgers are perfect for on a salad or regular bun if you want to switch it up during the week!
A few reasons why prepping these may be beneficial for you:
Less time to throw them together when you’re making them for dinner!
- Everything will stay fresh so you don’t have to worry about sacrificing the taste
- Gives you more time to do other things then spend time in the kitchen!
- Doesn’t allow an excuse for not eating them when you already prep them!
Also, we have to talk about this BBQ slaw that’s on the burgers because if you’re not including that with these you’re missing out!
These are Whole30, Gluten Free and Dairy Free!
If you love sliders as much as I do then you’ll love these other options on One Balanced Life:
- Greek Turkey Burger Sliders
- Buffalo Turkey Burger Sliders
I hope you love them as much as I do!
How to assemble a sweet potato slider:
Start by taking one sweet potato round. (You want to make sure these are not too thick or thin!) Add a little guacamole to the bottom, add your chicken patty and then top with the BBQ slaw. For the slaw, just combine the ingredients into a large bowl and mix. Top with another roasted sweet potato round and enjoy!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tsp sea salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/3 cup yellow onion
- 2 tbsp green onion
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- For the slaw:
- 1 bag organic green, red cabbage with carrots (9oz)
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/3 cup mayo made with avocado oil (I like using this one!)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- For the sweet potato bun:
- 1 Japanese sweet potato
- Avocado oil spray (I use this one all the time!)
- sea salt & pepper
- Optional: avocado
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare chicken burgers by adding all ingredients into a bowl. Begin to form into patties (mixture will be sticky so I recommend putting a little extra avocado oil or olive oil on your hands to form patties)
- Spray pan with avocado oil or use a little olive oil.
- Place patties on pan to sauté until completely cooked through. About 7-8 minutes on each side.
- Prepare sweet potato buns by cutting thick rounds along sweet potato.
- Lay on pan and spray with a little avocado oil and sea salt & pepper.
- Bake sweet potatoes for 20 minutes (flipping half way through)
- Prepare BBQ slaw by adding all ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- Prepare sliders by using one sweet potato, mashed guacamole, chicken burger, BBQ slaw and another sweet potato bun on top! (Only prepare sliders if making right away!)
until next time...