This easy smoky, homemade Chipotle Hummus recipe is delicious to whip up as a quick snack, appetizer or sandwich spread! This creamy hummus recipe is super flavorful and perfect for meal prep, totally vegan and ready in just 10 minutes!
I think I could eat hummus with everything. It’s good as a snack, on sandwiches, with veggies, crackers, in salads or random lunch bowls. I personally don’t buy it at the store every time because it usually doesn’t last long when I do! (haha) So that’s why making my own at home is ideal. Plus, it’s so easy to make and you can store it for the week.
I love all the chipotle flavored things so it was only necessary that I make a chipotle flavored hummus. It’s got a little kick to it but not too much! Make this for your next snack board or to have as a snack for the week when you need to meal prep.
Hope you love it as much as I do!
What you need for Chipotle Hummus:
- Chipotle Peppers
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- Cumin Powder
- Sea salt
What do you use to blend your hummus?
For blending this up you can use either a high powered blender or a food processor. This one is my favorite!
Can I make this into a no tahini recipe?
Sure! If you can’t eat or don’t enjoy tahini just leave it out. Without it you may want to add a little more cumin or salt to the hummus after it is blended. Just check the seasoning & blitz it again!
What can I serve with my chipotle hummus?
- Raw veggies like carrot or celery sticks.
- Your favorite brand of crackers!
- You could enjoy it in a wrap – or you could substitute it for the eggs in my Breakfast Veggie Wraps to make them vegan!
- Chipotle hummus also makes a great sandwich spread and is delicious on toast drizzled with a little olive oil and sprinkled with red pepper flakes!
If you love this recipe, you may also enjoy these recipes on One Balanced Life:
- Spicy Chipotle Tuna Salad
- Whole30 Chipotle Chicken Salad
- Chipotle Pesto
- Pineapple Tomato Salsa
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Mini Peppers
- Cantaloupe, Cucumber & Mint Salad
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 chipotle peppers (these are found in a can!)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (option to add more to taste!)
- dash of pepper
- extra olive oil, optional, for topping
- red pepper flakes, optional, for topping
- Combine all ingredients into a high speed blender or food processor.
- Blend up until smooth.
- Adjust spices to taste if needed.
- Top with extra virgin olive oil & red pepper flakes, if liked.
This hummus keeps well in the fridge for up to a week so is perfect for meal prep!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 7 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 341mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
until next time...