I think I could eat hummus with everything. It’s good as a snack, on sandwiches, with veggies, crackers, in salads or random lunch bowls. I personally don’t buy it at the store every time because it usually doesn’t last long when I do! (haha) so that’s why making my own at home is ideal. Plus, it’s so easy to make and you can store it for the week.
I love all the chipotle flavored things so it was only necessary that I make a chipotle flavored hummus. It’s got a little kick to it but not too much! Make this for your next snack board or do have as a snack for the week.
For blending this up you can use either a high powered blender. I use this one! Or a food processor. This one is my favorite!
Hope you love it as much as I do!
Best way to pair your Chipotle Hummus:
- Simple Mills Crackers
- In a wrap
- On a sandwich
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 chipotle peppers (these are found in a can!)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (option to add more to taste!)
- dash of pepper
- Optional: extra olive oil for topping; red pepper flakes
- Combine all ingredients into a highspeed blender or food processor.
- Blend up until smooth.
- Adjust spices to taste if needed.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 7 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 341mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
until next time...