If you think plain tuna in the can is boring, then this recipe is for you! This Easy Chipotle Tuna Salad is so good and flavorful. It’s made with simple ingredients and makes for the perfect thing to add into wraps, sandwiches or serve with crackers. If you want something new to add to your weekly lunch routine, this is it!
Easy Chipotle Tuna Salad
Are you getting sick of the same lunch salads? Yeah, same! This Chipotle Tuna Salad not only switches up the same salad you’ve been prepping each week but it’s so simple to make. The chipotle peppers add all the flavor here and are easily blended into a sauce that’s great to mix in tuna salad. This dishes packs in a lot of flavor but also a lot of protein. Tuna is a great source of protein to add to your weekly lunch routine. It’s also so versatile! This tuna salad can be topped on greens, served with crackers or in a pita or wrap. It’s not possible to get sick of it when you can use it in so many different ways.
What you need for Easy Chipotle Tuna Salad:
- Canned Tuna: I like to buy just canned tuna in water with no salt added! My favorite brand of Tuna is Wildplanet and I promise you can taste the difference.
- Chipotle Peppers: these come in a can! These add all the chipotle flavor in this salad.
- Plain Greek Yogurt: I like to do a mix of greek yogurt and mayo in this recipe so it isn’t too much of one flavor. I typically use Fage Greek Yogurt here!
- Avocado Oil Mayo: this is a staple in my fridge and perfect to use in this tuna salad. I generally use the Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo.
- Garlic clove: adding a clove of garlic into the food processor is an easy way to add some garlic flavor to the chipotle salad.
- Olive oil: I use extra virgin olive oil in the chipotle dressing. All you need is a tbsp!
- Lemon: the light, refreshing taste of lemon juiced in this chipotle sauce is the perfect touch!
- Sea salt, Pepper
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- It makes for a great way to switch up a can of tuna!
- Tuna salad is packed with protein making this a balanced lunch idea during the week.
- The chipotle dressing is simple to make and made with only a couple ingredients!
- This is so versatile! Try it in a pita pocket, in a wrap or served with veggies and crackers.
How to make Chipotle Tuna Salad:
Start by combining all ingredients for chipotle dressing in the food processor: chipotle peppers, juiced lemon, garlic clove, olive oil, mayo, plain greek yogurt, sea salt, pepper and basil.
Blend in the food processor until smooth. You may need to add a tbsp or so of water to the mix.
In large bowl add tuna. Add chopped green onion and celery. Pour in chipotle dressing.
Mix all ingredients in with the chipotle dressing. You may want to add more sea salt and pepper here too.
What I used to make this recipe:
Best way to store your Chipotle Tuna Salad:
The best part about making this Chipotle Tuna Salad is that you can have it all week long! It’s the perfect thing to prep and have for lunch all week. I like to store this salad in sealed containers in the fridge. I like to use these for easy on the go containers or these for a variety of different sizes.
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
Looking for more lunch ideas to meal prep? Check out these recipes:
- 3 cans tuna (in water, no salt added)
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup avocado oil mayo
- 4-5 chipotle peppers (depending on how much of a kick you want!)
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- dash of pepper
- Start by combining ingredients in the food processor: chipotle peppers, mayo, greek yogurt, lemon, garlic clove, olive oil, spices. Process until smooth. *may need to add a tbsp or so of water.
- Chop up celery and green onion.
- In large bowl, add 3 cans of tuna, green onion, celery and chipotle sauce. Mix to combine.
- Adjust seasonings if needed.
until next time...