One thing that I can always get down with is a salad as big as my head. Anyone else?! I always hear that salads at home are boring but I completely disagree. There are so many ways to make salads at home good and easy to make! This Chopped Shrimp Cobb Salad is one example! Not only is it so easy to make but it’s perfect to use as meal prep for the week!
A lot of times, I recommend doing some of the “prep” ahead of time for making salads at home during the week. When it comes to cutting veggies, that’s the last thing I want to spend all the time doing for a salad! So at the beginning of the week, try cutting up some of the veggies that you plan to use for your salad and store them in your containers for easy salad making during the week. For this Shrimp Cobb salad, I would suggest prepping the sautéed shrimp, hardboiled eggs, bacon and cutting up the veggies if you want to make these during the week!
Storing the prepped ingredients will help you make a quick meal throughout the week because everything is ready to go. This advantage of conveniences will help with eating healthier and is also cost-effective too.
They are also great for when you work out and want to replenish your body with fresh ingredients for a solid workout recovery too help you reach those goals.
Some tips for making a good salad at home:
- Find greens that you like! If you don’t love spinach, then don’t try to make a salad at home with a bunch of spinach. I like to use romaine lettuce and mixed greens for salads at home.
- Use a dressing or sauce that you like. A lot of times salad dressings can be filled with sugars and weird ingredients. I like using Primal Kitchen Foods or making my own to mix in. Finding a dressing that you like is key to these salads making you FEEL good as well.
- Add a little crunch! Whatever you have—nuts, seeds, or anything crunchy to give it a little different texture can add a lot to your at-home salads.
- Chop it up! Seriously the salad chopper is a GAME CHANGER for salads. Check it out here! Whether you use it to chop up just the greens or chop & mix up the salad, it seriously makes all the difference to your salad. Who wants to eat big pieces of lettuce anyways?!
What is the difference between a Cobb salad and a chef salad?
They both have lettuce, cheese, meats such as chicken and bacon, and hard-boiled eggs. The difference is a Cobb salad includes tomatoes and avocado. The Cobb salad also uses a variety of lettuce instead of just one type.
Who originated the Cobb salad?
The real story is a little unknown but one version says it is named after the restaurant’s owner, Robert Howard Cobb. Other renderings say it was by his chef, Paul J. Posti. As the story goes Mr. Cobb has not eaten and as it neared midnight he put together what he had in the kitchen and then cooked up some bacon and mixed it all together with French dressing. The result has become famous nonetheless.
What is Cobb salad dressing made of?
The dressing for Cobb salad is French dressing. For a Shrimp Cobb Salad, the variation has its own topping.
Cobb Salad Presentation
When creating a true Cobb Salad the presentation is laid out in neat rows. This variation creates a unique look for your salad plate and is hard to resist.
What are some good side dishes to serve with shrimp salad?
Garlic and Butter and Mushroom Couscous
Roasted Chickpea and Cauliflower Bowl
You might also enjoy wild rice, rice pilaf, and flatbread.
What you need to make a Shrimp Cobb Salad:
- Romaine or Green Leaf Lettuce
- Raw or Frozen Shrimp
- Hardboiled Eggs
- Feta Cheese or Blue Cheese
- Ranch Dressing
Tips for meal prepping Chopped Shrimp Cobb Salads:
- Prepare more shrimp to store in your storage containers for the week!
- Chop up a head of lettuce to store in the fridge.
- Cook bacon accordingly and store in the fridge.
Picture of a Shrimp Cobb Salad:
What I used to make this salad:
If you like this salad, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
Save and pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
Shrimp Cobb Salad
Easy cobb salad made with shrimp!
- 3-4 cups green leaf lettuce
- 2 hardboiled eggs
- 6-9 frozen shrimp (or more if you want to prep for the week!)
- 1/4 cup bacon pieces
- 3 tbsp blue cheese or feta
- 1/2 cup chopped mini cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- for the shrimp seasoning:
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- dash of cayenne
- Prepare shrimp by adding olive oil to a pan with shrimp. Add seasonings.
- Prepare bacon according to package.
- Hard boil eggs by placing egg in boiling water and setting timer for 12 minutes.
- Chop up green lettuce and tomato and remaining ingredients in large bowl. I like to use the salad chopper to chop everything up!
- Add chopped salad to bowl with shrimp on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 732Total Fat: 53gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 38gCholesterol: 297mgSodium: 1892mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 18gSugar: 14gProtein: 36g
until next time...
Leave a Reply