One thing that I love to do when I’m planning out my meals for the week is prep a variety of ingredients that you can use in different ways throughout the week. These Shrimp Grain Bowls with Lemon Tahini Sauce is a perfect example of how you can easily throw this meal together when you spend a little time preparing the ingredients at the beginning of the week. These grain bowls are not only so delicious but so satisfying too! They make for a great lunch or dinner during the week.
Shrimp Grain Bowls with Lemon Tahini Sauce
One thing that I love to do at the beginning of the week is prep a few ingredients that makes assembling a meal a little easier. For me, that makes the process quicker during the week. These Shrimp Grain Bowls are a great meal for just that! While it may seem like a lot of ingredients and take a lot of time, it’s actually SO simple to make! Once you have a couple of these ingredients ready, assembling a bowl like this for lunch or dinner takes no time at all.
Another reason why I love these Shrimp Grain Bowls is because they are perfectly balanced between protein, carbs and fat keeping you feeling full and satisfied all day or evening. It’s important to find meals that will not only satisfy you but taste good! You can make these your own by using a different sauce, switching up the grain with quinoa or rice, or top a different protein like chicken or steak on it!
What you need for Shrimp Grain Bowls:
- Shrimp (I used the Frozen Argentinian Shrimp from Trader Joe’s)
- Adobo Seasoning
- Pickled onions
- Feta Cheese
What you need for Lemon Tahini Sauce:
- Olive Oil
- Sea salt
- Garlic powder
Tips for meal prepping these Shrimp Grain Bowls:
- Get your meal prep containers ready for the ingredients you’re going to prepare ahead of time. I like to prepare the cooked farro, lemon tahini sauce and pickled onions ahead of time. You can also prepare the shrimp if you’d like!
- Once you have prepared what you need for these bowls, place in the fridge so when you’re ready to assemble then you can easily pull out of the fridge and make.
- I recommend having the ingredients ready so you can easily assemble for lunch or dinner but you can also prep the full meal into a container if you need to take it on the go with you! These bowls are great because you can eat them hot, cold or warmed up.
Best way to store these bowls:
If you’re storing these bowls in the fridge to assemble during the week, I like to use these meal prep containers to store all of the ingredients in. Not only are they great for storage, but easy to take on the go with you too.
How to make your own pickled onions:
Pickled onions add the best flavor to everything, but especially to this burger bowl! Start by chopping up the red onion in half and then into some thin “C” slices. Set aside to make the brine. Take 6oz of water and set to a boil on the stove. Put in 1 tbsp salt with 1 tbsp white sugar into the mason jar with red onion. Pour in the boiled water and then fill the rest of the jar with white vinegar. Place lid on mason jar and give it a spin to let onions soak it up. Store in the fridge for the week!
What I used in this recipe:
If you love this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
- 1 cup green leaf lettuce
- 6-9 shrimp (I used frozen Argentinian shrimp)
- 1/4 cup tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cucumbers
- 1/3 cup pickled red onions
- 2 tbsp feta cheese
- 1/3 cup cooked farro
- 1 1/2 tbsp adobo seasoning
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- sea salt, pepper
- optional: green onion, cilantro for topping
- for the lemon tahini sauce:
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- dash of sea salt & pepper
- water to get to runny consistency
- Prepare farro according to package. I cooked it in vegetable broth! Set aside.
- Prepare lemon tahini sauce by combining all ingredients: tahini, lemon, honey, olive oil, garlic powder, sea salt, pepper & water. Mix to combine. You will want to add enough water until you get a runny consistency.
- Prepare shrimp by heating up avocado oil on the stove. Once pan is heated, add shrimp with adobo seasoning. Set aside once cooked.
- Assemble bowl by adding green leaf lettuce, farro, cooked shrimp, tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese and pickled onions. Drizzle with lemon tahini suace and top with fresh herbs (green onion & cilantro).
until next time...