I love a good easy breakfast! Usually my morning time is spent running around trying to get the day started, so I love a breakfast option that’s ready to go with minimal thinking or preparing. That’s why I wanted to make these Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches. These sandwiches are freezer friendly, great for meal prep and a healthy way to start the day!
Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches
You know those mornings when you are running out the door and don’t have time to make anything for breakfast? Or when you wake up a little late and have a meeting in 5 minutes that you need to hop on Zoom for? These Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches are there for you during these times!! Not only are they so easy to throw together but they make for a great option to prep for breakfast. Let me tell you, they are a close up to the favorite McDonalds Egg Sausage McMuffin that we all grew up with.
I love making these breakfast sandwiches during Sunday meal prep and storing them in the freezer for the week ahead! Be sure to look at the tips for freezing and reheating so you don’t forget to bring it out of the freezer the night before you want to enjoy one 🙂 I think you’ll love how convenient these are and they hit the spot every time! It’s important to start your day by fueling yourself with a nutritious breakfast and these sandwiches are just that.
What you need for Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches:
- English Muffin (I used Dave’s Killer Bread)
- Cheddar Cheese
- Breakfast Sausage (I used Applegate Chicken & Maple Breakfast Sausage)
Why you’ll love these:
- They make for the perfect option to prep for lunch during the week!
- These sandwiches are not only delicious but super satisfying making it a great way to start the day
- You can use some of your favorites here! Whatever English muffins you like or breakfast sausage
What I used for Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches:
How to freeze and reheat these sandwiches:
These breakfast sandwiches can easily be made ahead of time and reheated during the week! The best way to freeze them is to wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap (make sure they are cool before doing this!) and then store in a large freezer bag. I used this one! Once you’ve done that, you can place them in the freezer. You can prep as many as you’d like!
I recommend leaving them out of the freezer the night before you want them. Let the sandwich defrost in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat in the morning by placing in the microwave for 45 seconds.
How to make these breakfast sandwiches:
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. If you’re making 4 sandwiches, whisk 4 eggs into a bowl with a little sea salt and pepper.
- Using the silicone mold, pour mixture to fill. You should be able to fill each one making it an egg each!
- Toast English muffins in the air fryer, toaster or oven.
- Place eggs in the oven to bake for 12- 14 minutes.
- Cook breakfast sausage patties according to package. I heated mine in the microwave!
- Prepare breakfast sandwiches by taking toasted English muffin, breakfast sausage, egg cup and a slice of cheddar cheese on top. Wrap in plastic wrap while still hot. Let it sit for a few minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- If you’re prepping and storing these in the freezer, allow to cool before placing in the freezer bags.
This recipe makes 4 breakfast sandwiches! If you want to prepare more, you can adjust to do that. I aim to do 1 egg in each silicone mold.
In the morning, try topping these with:
- Add fresh spinach
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
- Southwestern Breakfast Burritos
- Breakfast Egg Bake
- Copycat Starbucks Spinach & Feta Wrap
- Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats
Looking for more ideas for meal prep?
Check out this blog post on 10 easy lunch ideas for the busy week! This post includes all recipes that are great to meal prep for the week.
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 4 english muffins
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 Chicken & Maple Breakfast Sausage (I used Applegate)
- sea salt, pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk 4 eggs with a little sea salt and pepper.
- Pour eggs into silicone pan. Eggs should completely fill mold.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Toast english muffins by placing in the toaster, air fryer or oven.
- Cook breakfast sausage according to package. I heated mine in the microwave!
- Once eggs are done, prepare english muffin sandwiches with sausage, egg and a slice of cheddar cheese on top.
- While still hot, wrap in plastic wrap to allow the cheese to melt.
- If preparing to store in the freezer, make sure muffins have completely cooled before wrapping in the plastic wrap and storing in a freezer bag.
- When you're ready to enjoy them, take out of the freezer the night before and easily reheat for 45 seconds in the microwave.
until next time...