I can’t get over how simple this Coconut Lime Rice is to make and the flavors that it brings to this dish! The best part is that you can make this easy coconut lime rice as a base for a variety of proteins and call it a meal. I paired it with grilled shrimp, but you can try grilled chicken, salmon or even ground pork or beef. All you need is a pot and a couple ingredients to make this simple rice.
Easy Coconut Lime Rice
This flavorful, simple coconut rice is one that was such a delicious meal in my kitchen. Paired with grilled shrimp for a complete, balanced meal for a quick weeknight dinner. This dish is one that looks fancy, but I promise you’ll be shocked at how easy it truly is. Those are my kind of recipes! Even if you’re not the biggest fan of coconut, I think you’ll enjoy this recipe. Plus, you can make it so everyone in the family enjoys it. Don’t like shrimp? Try salmon! Not in the mood for seafood? Try chicken or ground beef. So many ways to switch it up to make it your own! I love that this easy coconut lime rice makes for even better leftovers too. If you have extra, heat it up the next day for a quick lunch too!
What you need:
- Jasmine Rice: I like to buy a big bag of jasmine rice at the store to use for this! It’s great to have in the pantry to pull out for an easy dish during the week
- Coconut Milk: the key in this recipe! You want to make sure you use full fat coconut milk in the can. I get mine at Trader Joes!
- Lime: juice of a lime and you’re good!
- Sea salt, pepper and garlic powder: a little seasonings go into the coconut lime rice but not many are needed!
- Shrimp: I like to use the frozen Argentinian shrimp from Trader Joe’s but
- Avocado Oil
Can I use any coconut milk?
No! It’s important that you use the full fat coconut milk in the can for this recipe. I haven’t tried it with any other coconut milks, but this one is what gives it so much flavor.
Want to use a different protein? Try these options!
- Grilled chicken
- Baked Salmon
- Ground Pork or Beef
How do you make the grilled shrimp?
I used the Ajika Georgian Seasoning Blend from Trader Joe’s to season the shrimp. It’s sooo good if you haven’t tried it! If you don’t have it, no worries, you can use a couple different seasoning blends to mix the shrimp with. Try using a mix of chili powder, garlic powder, sea salt and pepper. Or a seafood seasoning blend like this one.
Use avocado oil on the bottom of the Staub Grill Pan and let it heat up before placing the shrimp to cook. If you want grilled style foods, this pan is my favorite and something that I use all the time in my kitchen.
How to make the coconut rice:
- Start by pouring the can of full fat coconut milk into your pot to heat up on high.
- Pour 1 cup jasmine rice into the pot and bring to a boil.
- Once it starts to boil, turn the heat to simmer for 10 minutes or until rice fully cooks. Check in on it and stir.
- Add in juice of lime and seasonings. Mix together.
- Set aside and serve!
What I used to make this recipe:
If you like this recipe, try these on One Balanced Life:
- 1 can coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- dash of pepper
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 9 shrimp (I used frozen Argentinian shrimp from Tjs)
- 2 tbsp Ajika Georgian seasoning blend
- optional: fresh cilantro, red pepper flakes
- Combine 1 can of coconut milk into a pot with jasmine rice. Bring to a boil.
- When it starts to boil, reduce to simmer for 10 minutes or until rice is fully cooked and soaked into the coconut milk.
- Add seasonings: salt, garlic powder and dash of pepper and juice of 1 lime. Mix together.
- Prepare shrimp by mixing with seasoning. Place on heated grill pan to cook thoroughly.
- Serve with coconut lime rice, grilled shrimp and fresh cilantro.
until next time...