We need all the cozy soups this time of year and this Vegetarian Tortellini Soup is just that! I love that it’s loaded with all the veggies and the touch of the tortellini’s in there add a delicious touch. It doesn’t get much better than a cheese tortellini if you ask me! This is great to make at the beginning of the week because it makes a bunch! So you can store it and eat on it all week long. I guarantee this is something the whole family will love too.
Vegetarian Tortellini Soup
What you need to make Veggie Tortellini Soup:
- Cheese tortellini
- Yellow onion
- Vegetable broth
- Fire roasted tomatoes
- Tomato paste
- Salt, pepper, thyme, paprika, cumin
- Garlic clove
- Avocado oil
Can I use any tortellini’s?
Yes! I used a Cheese Tortellini here from Trader Joe’s but you can add in any of your favorites. Just be sure to add them in at the end!
How to make Veggie Tortellini Soup:
- Start by sautéing garlic and onion in a little avocado oil.
- Chop up all veggies. The longest part of making this soup! Chop up carrot, celery and drain the corn and peas.
- In large pan, add veggie broth, fire roasted tomatoes (do not drain!), sautéed onion and garlic and remaining chopped veggies.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add in seasonings and mix throughly. Place lid on soup and let it simmer for 45 minutes on low heat.
- Place tortellini’s in the soup and mix. Simmer for an additional 15 minutes with tortellini’s in the soup.
- Adjust seasonings to taste if needed!
Best way to store/reheat Veggie Tortellini Soup:
- If you plan to save some in the freezer, I would suggest leaving out the tortellini’s until you want to fix it!
- Store in the fridge in large container and reheat by the bowl in the microwave or on low on the stove.
- Store for the week or freeze (without adding in tortellinis) in freezer bags to reheat at another time
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these recipes on One Balanced Life:
Looking for some good soup bowls?
I love these soup crocks! They are a great price and add a great look to your dish. Plus, they leave room for a lot of soup!
- 32oz vegetable broth
- 10 oz cheese tortellini
- 1 yellow onion'
- 2 cups celery, fine chopped
- 2 cup carrots
- 1 can peas, drained
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can corn, drained
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Start by sauteing the onion and minced garlic with avocado oil.
- In large pot, add vegetable broth, chopped veggies, corn, peas, fire roasted tomatoes and sauteed garlic and onion. Bring to a boil.
- Add seasonings to pot and reduce to a simmer. Stir thoroughly.
- Let simmer with top on pot for 45 minutes.
- Add cheese tortellini to soup after simmering for 45 minutes. Let it simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Stir to combine. Adjust seasonings if needed by taste.
- Top with red pepper flakes.
until next time...