Needing an easy weeknight dinner? These Ground Turkey Rice Bowls will become your new favorite easy dinner during the week. I love the asian flavors of these bowls made with simple ingredients that you may already have at home. This meal is not only simple but it makes for a balanced meal during the week. Plus, even better for leftovers too!
When I’m looking for meals to make during the week, I don’t want it to be complicated. It’s important for me to find meals that not only taste good, but they will keep me feeling satisfied too. When doin that, it’s key to look at whether your meal has protein, fat and carbs in it. Making it a well balanced meal that will keep you fuller longer. This Turkey Rice Bowl is just that! You’re getting a great source of protein from the ground turkey, carbs from the brown rice and fat from the sauce ingredients like coconut aminos.
I love the Asian inspired flavors in these Ground Turkey Rice Bowls. The mix of the coconut aminos, sriracha and rice vinegar make this such a delicious flavor mixed with the ground turkey! If ground turkey isn’t your thing, you can switch this out for ground chicken or beef!
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- It all comes together in one pan! It doesn’t get much better than that for an easy weeknight dinner!
- You can pair it with brown/jasmine rice or put it into lettuce cups! So many ways to switch this up.
- It’s a great recipe to plan for meal prep during the week! Just make the ground turkey ahead of time and easily assemble these bowls all week.
- These flavors are SO good. Made with simple ingredients that you may already have in your pantry!
What you need for Asian Inspired Ground Turkey Rice Bowls:
- Ground Turkey
- Diced carrots
- Green onion
- Garlic cloves
- Red onion
- Coconut aminos
- Rice Vinegar
- Sesame oil
- Fish sauce
- Veggie broth
- Tapioca Flour
Don’t want to use ground turkey?
Try this recipe with ground chicken or ground beef depending on what you like!
What if I don’t have coconut aminos?
If you don’t have coconut aminos, you can also use soy sauce in this recipe. I love using coconut aminos in a lot of recipes and find it a staple in my pantry! You can get it here.
How to make Ground Turkey Rice Bowls:
- Start by sautéing garlic and onion in a pan.
- Add ground turkey. Cook until browned.
- Add in diced carrots, green onion and veggie broth. Place top on it to let the veggie broth soak up.
- Prepare sauce by mixing together coconut aminos, sriracha, lime, fish sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar with a little sea salt.
- Once you’ve prepared the sauce, pour into pan with ground turkey. Keep heat to medium heat.
- Mix together arrowroot with water. Pour into pan and continue to stir sauce to thicken. **Make sure to continue to stir as sauce will stick to the bottom of the pan if you don’t.
- Serve with brown rice. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
- Sweet Potato Ground Turkey Skillet Meal
- One Pot Taco Pasta
- Spring Roll in a Bowl
- One Pot Sausage and Spinach Pasta
Looking for more easy dinner recipes? Try these!
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small red onion
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 3-4 tbsp green onion to mix in & top
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (+more to taste)
- 1 tbsp tapioca +2 tbsp water (mixed together separately)
- optional: brown rice, red pepper flakes, additional green onion
- Add minced garlic and onion to a pan to saute.
- Add in turkey. Saute until browned. Add a little sea salt and pepper.
- Add vegetable broth and place top on to cook.
- Prepare sauce by combining all ingredients: coconut aminos, sriracha, juiced lime, fish sauce, rice vinegar. Mix to combine.
- Pour sauce into pan with ground turkey.
- In seperate bowl mix tapioca with water. Pour into pan with turkey. Keep on medium heat and continually stir to allow sauce to thicken. **it will stick to pan if you don't continue to stir. Reduce heat to medium low as it thickens.
- Add green onion and carrots to mix in.
- Serve with brown rice and top with green onion and red pepper flakes.
until next time...