This Honey Garlic Chicken is full of flavor and makes for the perfect weeknight dinner! I love finding ways to switch up chicken recipes and this one definitely is that. This recipe can work well with so many different pairings too, which makes it even better in my opinion! A meal that can be easily switched up are my favorites. I did it with roasted broccoli and jasmine rice but I could think of a bunch of different combinations that this would be so good on. This recipe is one that I can bet everyone will love!
Honey Garlic Chicken
I’m always looking for new ways to switch up how I make chicken throughout the week. I don’t know about you, but I definitely don’t want any bland chicken happening either. Good thing this Honey Garlic Chicken is far from bland and is loaded with flavor. This glaze is not only super simple to make but it’s made with simple ingredients that you may already have around.
What you need for Honey Garlic Chicken:
- Chicken Tenders (about 1lb)
- Coconut Aminos
- Garlic cloves, minced
- Rice Vinegar
- Sesame Oil
- Sea salt, pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Arrowroot powder
How to make Honey Garlic Chicken:
- Start by cutting raw chicken tenders into nuggets. Set aside.
- In pan, add a little avocado oil and heat pan. Add chicken to sauté with a little sea salt and pepper on the chicken.
- Prepare sauce by combining all ingredients into small bowl: Coconut aminos, minced garlic, sriracha, rice vinegar, lime, sesame oil and sea salt/pepper. Mix to combine.
- When the chicken has finished cooking through, remove from heat and turn burner off. Let sit for 5 minutes or so until pan has cooled a bit. **Make sure to do this as sauce cannot be poured on a hot pan!
- Once cooled, place pan back on stove on medium to low heat. Add sauce mixed with arrowroot. Stir to combine. Continue to stir until sauce thickens.
How to pair this recipe for dinner:
- Top the chicken on top of jasmine rice or brown rice with a side of roasted veggies!
- Mix the chicken into a big veggie sauté with onion, peppers
- Pair it with roasted veggies and a salad
Do I need to marinate the chicken?
No! The chicken is cooked raw with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. You will prepare the sauce in the same pan and allow it to thicken with the chicken.
Why do I need arrowroot powder?
Arrowroot is used as a thickener for this honey garlic sauce! You don’t want to leave this out or else the sauce won’t form. It works wonders! Be sure to follow the instructions as you don’t want to overheat the pan as you begin to make this sauce.
I don’t have arrowroot, can I sub it with something else?
You do need a thickener for this sauce to turn out. If you don’t have arrowroot, you can use tapioca flour or cornstarch here. You can easily grab a bag of Arrowroot here! I used this one in this recipe 🙂
Can I sub soy sauce for coconut aminos?
Yes! I love using coconut aminos as a sub for soy sauce in my recipes. If you only have soy sauce on hand, you can use that to replace the coconut aminos in this sauce. Need a coconut aminos? Try this one! Or grab one at Trader Joe’s.
It is super important to make sure the pan cools off before adding in the sauce to prevent from sticking! You also want to keep the heat medium to low and stir constantly in order to get the sauce to thicken. This will give the best results.
What I used in this recipe:
- Non-stick pan: this is super important in cooking everything on my site but especially this recipe! I love this pan and have been using it for a while now.
- Dressing mixer: this works well for salads or mixing up something like this glaze! I use this all the time.
We are always wanting a simple weeknight dinner right? Try some of these next time you want something super simple!
If you like this recipe, you may enjoy these recipes on One Balanced Life:
Save and Pin for later!
- 1 lb chicken tenders (cut up into nuggets)
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder + 2 tbsp water
- Optional: Jasmine rice, Broccoli
- Cut chicken tenders into nuggets.
- In pan, add a little avocado oil to heat up.
- Add chicken nuggets and top with a little sea salt and pepper. Cook in pan until fully cooked.
- Prepare sauce by combining all ingredients: coconut aminos, honey, garlic cloves, rice vinegar, sriracha, sesame oil, lime juice and sea salt, pepper, red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Once chicken has finished cooking, remove from heat and turn off burner. Allow for pan to cool off before adding sauce (about 5 minutes or so)
- Prepare arrowroot powder mixture by adding 1 tbsp arrowroot to 2 tbsp water. mix to combine.
- Once pan has cooled down, turn heat to medium low and add sauce with arrowroot mixture. Stir to combine.
- Continue to stir as sauce thickens.
- Once sauce has thickened, remove from heat and serve!
until next time...