I’m here for all things carrot cake this time of year. Anyone else!? As soon as the weather starts to warm up and the seasons change, I look for all the reasons to have everything carrot cake, lemon flavored, you name it!
Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
What I love about these carrot cake overnight oats are the extra serving of veggies that comes with eating them! Sneaking in some veggies here without even realizing it will make a great start to your day. A little tip if you’re serving these to your kiddos: cut up the carrot into even smaller pieces (I just used shredded carrots here) so that your kids won’t pick them out or even notice they are in there!
I love to eat overnight oats right out of the fridge. But, I grew to love them that way. If you’re more of a hot oatmeal fan, then you can definitely heat these up on the stove. I would recommend adding a little more almond milk when you go to heat them up.
What you need to make Carrot Cake Overnight Oats:
- Rolled Oats
- Shredded carrots
- Vanilla yogurt
- Almond Milk
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, sea salt, allspice
- Maple syrup
- Shredded Coconut
- Vanilla extract
If you love overnight oats as much as I do, then you’ll also love these recipes on One Balanced Life:
- Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats
- Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats
- Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
A few tips on storing these:
- I always store them in a tight sealed container! A few that I love are Weck jars, Porter bowls, and Ball mason jars
- I store them in the fridge overnight!
Recipe tip: This recipe serves two but you can split it up if you want two separate jars.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 tbsp vanilla yogurt (I love to use Siggi’s here!)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- dash of sea salt
- Optional toppings: walnuts, additional raisins, peanut butter
- Combine all ingredients in container.
- Store in fridge overnight.
- Top with desired toppings in the am. You may want to add additional almond milk in the morning to make it even creamier!
Amount Per Serving:
until next time...