These Peanut Butter Protein Bars are perfect to make for an easy snack for the week! Made with just a few simple ingredients that you may already have in your pantry. This freezer treat will likely satisfy your sweet tooth while packing in some protein too!
I love a good sweet snack and these Peanut Butter Protein Bars may be a new favorite around here. Not only are they so easy to make, but they are made with a few ingredients that you may already have in your pantry. I’m always looking for ways to add more protein into my diet and this is one great way to sneak it in! I find that having snacks and meals that have protein are a great way to keep you feeling satisfied all day long.
These bars are great to meal prep and a snack that everyone will love!
What you need for Peanut Butter Protein Bars:
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Vanilla Protein Powder (I used this Pea Protein Powder)
- Almond Flour
- Sea Salt
- Maldon Sea Salt
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Chips
How to make Protein Bars:
- Start by combining almond flour, protein powder, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Add in creamy peanut butter and mix to combine. You may want to use your hands here to get everything really mixed.
- Add in mini chocolate chips and mix again.
- In a parchment paper lined 8×8 dish, add mix. Firmly press down to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Place in the freezer for an hour.
- Mix chocolate with coconut oil to melt. Pour on top of dish. Add sea salt flakes.
- Place in the freezer for 3-4 hours before cutting.
How to store your protein bars:
It’s best to store your protein bars in the freezer! I like to store them in these reusable bags. They will soften if in the fridge, so they are best to enjoy right out of the freezer.
If you want to switch these up, try these options:
- Use any creamy nut butter! I’d recommend switching it up with creamy almond butter or cashew butter.
- Use a different flavor protein powder.
- Cut into bites or bars instead of these.
If you like this recipe, you may enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
- Birthday Cake Protein Bites
- Healthy Snack Bites
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars
How long do these protein bars last?
These protein bars will last for up to 3 months in the freezer. It’s best to keep them stored in the container.
Can I substitute almond flour with anything?
I have only tried these bars with almond flour. I don’t recommend substituting with anything and getting the same consistency as I do with these protein bars.
Are peanut butter protein bars a healthy snack?
These protein bars are great to grab for a snack! Packed with a little bit of protein and filled with healthy fats to keep you full.
What mini chocolate chips did you use?
I used these Enjoy Life Foods mini chocolate chips! I love using the mini chips here.
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 46g vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp flaky sea salt
- In a bowl, add almond flour, protein powder, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Add creamy peanut butter. Mix together to combine. You may want to use your hands here to fully combine.
- Add mini chocolate chips. Mix together.
- In a parchment paper lined 8x8 dish, add mix. Press firmly down to fill the bottom of this dish.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hr.
- Mix chocolate chunks with coconut oil to melt.
- Pour on top of dish to coat. Top with flaky sea salt.
- Place in the freezer for 3-4 hrs before cutting.
I used Whole Foods creamy no salt peanut butter
Sea salt flakes on top are optional but encouraged!
These are best stored in the freezer! See FAQs
until next time...