Summer months are coming to a close which means it’s time to make all the salads while you can! This Caprese Orzo Salad is not only so simple to make but the flavors are so delicious! If you need something quick to throw together for a cookout, plan to make this! I’m sure everyone will love it.
Caprese Orzo Salad
If you’re like me, you love a good salad! The options are endless when it comes to a salad that you can meal prep for the week, pair with your cookout spread, take to your event or serve alongside dinner during the week! They typically go with a lot of meals and this Caprese Orzo Salad doesn’t get much easier. What I love about this salad is it comes together SO quickly. Plus, it gets even better as it soaks in the dressing for a while. The balsamic vinegar dressing that this is mixed with is so simple to make and gives this such a good flavor.
What you need for Caprese Orzo Salad:
- Orzo: this grain is great to use in this salad and a great switch up from pasta. I used this one!
- Cherry Tomatoes: tomatoes are in season right now which makes these even delicious to add into this salad! I like to use the mini ones and chop them in half
- Mozzarella Balls: you can’t go wrong with adding in mozzarella balls into any salad and they are the best part in a Caprese salad if you ask me!
- Fresh Basil: this is a must! The freshness that basil adds to this orzo salad is delicious. Don’t be afraid to add more!
- Balsamic Vinegar: I love the simple dressing this is tossed with using a base of balsamic vinegar–a pantry staple!
- Olive oil: a great mix to the salad
- Honey: this adds a bit of sweet! A little goes a long way here.
- Sea salt, pepper
- Garlic clove, minced
Why you’ll love this Caprese Orzo Salad:
- It’s a great side to bring to your cookout that everyone will love!
- It makes for something easy to prep for the week and have alongside your lunch all week
- All you need are a couple simple ingredients, a lot of pantry favorites too!
- You can pair it with your burgers, put salmon on top or have it as a side with your wrap or sandwich–so many options!
How to store this salad:
I recommend storing this salad in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days! I like to use these containers for my meal prep and they make for great organization in the fridge.
How long will this salad last?
You can keep this in the fridge for up to 4-5 days to eat throughout the week. I recommend letting it soak up the dressing for a few hours before enjoying!
Ways to serve it:
- With your cookout of grilled chicken, burgers or steak!
- Alongside your lunch of a turkey sandwich or wrap
- As a base to top with salmon or chicken
- By itself!
If you love this salad, you’ll also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
Looking for more recipes to prep for the week? Try these!
- 5 cups cooked orzo
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup mozzarella balls
- 3 tbsp fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Cook orzo according to the package. Set aside.
- Chop up tomatoes and fresh basil.
- Combine orzo with tomatoes, mozzarella and fresh basil.
- Prepare dressing by combining olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, minced garlic, sea salt, pepper and garlic powder. Pour on orzo.
- Mix to combine. Adjust seasonings by taste if needed.
until next time...