These Sausage and Cheese Crescent Bites need to be on your brunch plans! These little bites are perfect for hosting brunch with family and friends, or if you just want a fun bite sized breakfast! I bet the whole family will love them too.
Sausage and Cheese Crescent Bites
Who doesn’t love a little bite that’s filled with cream cheese, sausage and melted cheddar cheese? The combination is perfect for your brunch spread or if you want a little snack to make for a holiday app. I was originally inspired to make these after all the love for the Cranberry Brie Bites this time of year. Really the opportunities are endless when it comes to putting together a bite like this and I love these for a holiday brunch.
What you need for Sausage and Cheese Crescent Bites:
- 1 package Crescent Rolls: you can use any brand of crescent rolls that you like! I generally pick mine up at Trader Joe’s
- Breakfast or Regular Pork Sausage: if you’re serving these as a brunch appetizer or snack, I recommend using breakfast sausage. If these are a night time app, you may want to try an Italian sausage.
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese: this sprinkled on top makes for a perfect addition.
- Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Dip (or cream cheese!): I love that everything but the bagel dip from Trader Joe’s but cream cheese will be the most versatile in this recipe.
Can I use puff pastry instead of crescent rolls?
Yes! If you would rather use puff pastry for this recipe, you can do so. Lay out the puff pastry and cut into even squares, similar to how you would with the crescent rolls. Follow the baking instructions on the back of the package. I put them in at 400 degrees for 10-14 minutes until the pastry crust was golden and flaky.
When is the best time to enjoy these?
I recommend enjoying these immediately after fixing. The warm bite of the sausage with these makes for the best bite for a quick brunch appetizer.
How to make these bites:
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay out crescent rolls flat on surface.
- Cut even squares (you should get 16-18 squares) ignoring the lines from the crescent rolls
- Using a mini muffin tin (I used this one!), place each crescent roll square into the tin.
- Cook breakfast pork sausage accordingly.
- Add a small amount of Everything But the Bagel dip (or cream cheese) into the crescent bite.
- Add breakfast sausage to fill and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place in the oven to bake for 12-14 minutes.
If you like these, you may also enjoy these Cranberry Brie Bites on One Balanced Life.
What I used to make these:
Butcher Box Breakfast Pork Sausage: You can get Ground Beef for life by signing up with this link!
Looking for more brunch recipes? Try these!
- Breakfast Egg Bake
- Breakfast Tostada
- Healthy Breakfast Hash
- Copycat Starbucks Spinach & Feta Egg White Wrap
Sausage and Cheese Crescent Bites
These Sausage and Cheese Crescent Bites make for a delicious brunch snack or appetizer. Made with a few simple ingredients!
- 1 package crescent rolls or puff pastry
- 1/2 lb breakfast pork sausage
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8oz cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay out crescent rolls on flat surface. Make sure are creases are together as you won't need to follow the cut outs for the crescent.
- Cut even squares into the crescent. (you should get 16 squares)
- Place in mini muffin tin.
- Add piece of cream cheese to fit into crescent roll or pastry. Top with breakfast sausage and shredded cheddar cheese to cover the top completely.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until crescent has browned.
until next time...
Leave a Reply