I can’t get over how good this is! I love prepping a big batch of chicken salad to have as a lunch throughout the week, but I’ve been wanting to switch my normal one up with a different flavor. That’s where this Thai chopped chicken salad comes in and I’m obsessed. I used an almond butter sauce to coat it in and really what’s better than your meal coated in a sauce with nut butter 😉
I would pair this with crackers, on a sandwich, made into a bigger salad or just by itself. I’m all about quick, easy & delicious especially during the week when I feel like time is more limited to prepare a lunch with a bunch of different ingredients. This makes quite a bit so count on having this for a few days! You can store it in the fridge for the week. Hope you love it as much as I do!
If you love this Thai Chopped Chicken Salad, you may also like these recipes on One Balanced Life:
- Asian Chicken Salad
- Healthy Chicken Salad
- Southwestern Chicken Salad
What you need for the almond butter sauce:
- Almond butter (make sure its a creamy kind)
- Coconut aminos
- Sea salt/pepper
- 2 cups shredded crockpot chicken (rotisserie chicken will work)
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 small red bell pepper
- Full bag of trader joes kale & greens salad mix—just omit the prepackaged items that come with it
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup drippy almond butter (I use the Trader Joes Creamy Almond Butter)
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 1/2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 lime
- sea salt, pepper, red pepper flakes
- Cilantro for garnish
- Optional: pumpkin seeds, cashews for topping
- Make your almond butter sauce by combining almond butter (make sure its a creamy kind), water, coconut aminos, 1/2 lime & sea salt/pepper.
- You can adjust creaminess by adding more water. Set aside
- Combine salad ingredients: shredded chicken, kale salad mix, shredded cabbage, carrots, chopped up red bell pepper & mix, garlic powder.
- Add remaining half of lime.
- Mix almond butter sauce with salad. Once coated, you can top it off with pumpkin seeds or cashews for a little crunch! Serve however you like.
until next time...