If you’re still in the mood for all the salads, you aren’t alone! This time of year I’m always craving the fresh salads and this Roasted Sweet Potato Kale Salad may be a new favorite. The citrus vinaigrette soaks up perfectly into the kale making this a refreshing but satisfying salad.
Roasted Sweet Potato Kale Salad
You know those days when you’re craving a salad the size of your head? I love a good salad and always make sure they are satisfying when I make them at home. I love these Roasted Sweet Potato Kale Salads because they make for a delicious, balanced salad to make at home. They are also loaded with protein and carbs that will keep you feeling full after enjoying these. If you want to take them up a notch, try adding more protein! I recommend grilled chicken or salmon topped on these.
The best part about this salad is that you can prep it for a couple lunches during the week! As the dressing soaks into the kale, it tastes even better. Plan to split this salad into three containers for the week and take with you to the office or wherever you need to go during the day. These salads will not only make you feel good during the day, but they will keep you satisfied during the busy days.
What you need for Roasted Sweet Potato Kale Salad:
- Organic Shredded Kale: I picked up a big bag of this at Trader Joes! The shredded pieces of kale work great for this salad
- Chickpeas: a can of chickpeas can go a long way! This adds a great source of protein to the salad. If you want to switch it up, try to roast these before putting them in the salad.
- Red onion: dicing this up works out really well in this salad.
- Sweet Potato: roasted sweet potato mixed into a kale salad takes it up a notch. To save time, you could also saute sweet potato to add here.
- Slivered almonds
- Quinoa: a grain that works deliciously in this salad!
- Feta cheese: you can omit this if you’d like or switch out with a different cheese
What you need for grapefruit vinaigrette:
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- White wine Vinegar
Can I make this dairy free?
Yes! If you want to make this salad dairy free, you can leave off the feta cheese crumbles. While I love adding it into these salads, it definitely isn’t necessary!
What’s the best way to store this salad?
You definitely want to keep this salad sealed in a tight container in the fridge. That way it will stay fresh longer. Plus, these are great storage for the fridge or to take with you! I like to use these.
How long will this salad last in the fridge?
This salad will last up to 3-4 days in the fridge. The dressing does begin to soak up the kale so I like to let it sit for a few hours before enjoying. If prepping this for the week, you can separate the salad into individual containers.
What to pair this Roasted Sweet Potato Kale Salad with:
- Grilled chicken or salmon
- Alongside a turkey sandwich or wrap!
- With your cookout spread as a side dish
If you like this salad, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
- BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad
- Lemon Arugula Shrimp Salad
- Kale Brussels Salad
- Grilled Romaine BLT Salad
- Shrimp Cobb Salad
If you want more easy, lunch ideas try these:
- 6 cups organic kale
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup shaved almonds
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- Avocado Oil Spray
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- For grapefruit vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup grapefruit juice (1 grapefruit)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp shallot, minced
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt & black pepper
- 1 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop up sweet potato and place on baking sheet. Coat with avocado oil spray, sea salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place in the preheated oven to bake for 30-35 minutes. Flipping half way through.
- Place kale in large bowl. Add remaining salad ingredients: slivered almonds, chickpeas, feta cheese, sweet potatoes
- Prepare grapefruit vinaigrette by combining all ingredients to mix. Set aside.
- Pour dressing in large bowl. Mix to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!
until next time...