If there’s one thing that I can’t ever get enough of it’s salads. There are so many ways to switch them up and keep them fresh and delicious throughout the summer. This BBQ Chicken Salad is loaded with flavor and makes for the a perfect combination that’s not only filling but delicious. The BBQ Chicken is made easily with a simple coating and air fried for a meal that comes together in less than 20 minutes!
BBQ Chicken Salad
Who doesn’t love a salad loaded with all the flavor and toppings? This BBQ Chicken Salad is one that I crave a lot around here! Not only does it make for easily assembly but it’s a balanced salad that will keep you satisfied. The best part is this salad can come together in no time because the chicken is easily cooked in the air fryer! Do you have an air fryer? If not, now is your time to get one! I am obsessed with mine!! This salad is great to make for the week because you can easily prep all of the ingredients to throw together for the week. Easily chop up the lettuce, store the black beans and corn in your containers and prep the air fried bbq chicken. That way when you want to make a salad, all you need to do is add everything into the bowl and you’re good to go!
Why you’ll love this salad:
- It’s so easy to make! This is definitely not a boring salad!
- You can prep the ingredients to have all week long!
- It satisfies all the cravings while still being light and delicious
What you need for BBQ Chicken Salad:
- Romaine lettuce
- Chicken Tenders
- BBQ Sauce (I used this one!)
- Gluten Free Breadcrumbs (rice crumbs)
- Black Bean
- Tortilla strips
- Grated Cojita cheese
- Sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika
- Ranch dressing
What BBQ sauce did you use?
I used this Primal Kitchen BBQ Sauce! There are also some great BBQ sauces at Trader Joes that I will use. I do like to use this one from Primal Kitchen because it doesn’t have unnecessary sugars in it like you can find in a lot of other sauces.
How to make this salad:
- To make the BBQ Chicken, pat the chicken completely dry.
- Make two bowls: One with rice crumbs with seasonings and another with whisked eggs.
- Dip chicken tenders into the egg and then completely coat in crumb mixture. Set aside.
- Place in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Be sure to flip half way through!
- Take out of air fryer and coat in BBQ sauce. Place back in the air fryer at 370 for 2-3 minutes.
- Chop up into nuggets!
- Prepare salad by adding all ingredients into a large bowl.
What air fryer do you use?
The bbq chicken tenders will make enough for multiple salads! Plan to make and use for multiple salads for the week or double this recipe with the other ingredients to make more than one salad.
If you like this salad, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
- Summer Berry Chicken Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Chopped Salad
- Italian Chopped Salad
- Mediterranean Chopped Salad
If you like BBQ Chicken, try these recipes out:
- These BBQ Chicken Tostadas
- BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- BBQ Chicken Pineapple Naan Flatbread
- Air Fried BBQ Cauliflower
Save and Pin for later!
- 3 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 1lb. chicken tenders
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/4 avocado chunks
- 2 tbsp grated cojita cheese
- 1-2 tbsp tortilla strips
- 1 egg
- 1 cup gluten free rice crumbs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- optional: ranch dressing, fresh cilantro
- Prepare chicken tenders by patting them to dry.
- Make two bowls: one with whisked egg and another with rice crumbs, sea salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Mix to combine.
- Dip chicken tender into egg to coat and then roll in coating to completely cover. Set aside. Do this to all chicken tenders.
- Place in the air fryer at 350 degrees and bake for 10 minutes (flipping half way through)
- Take out of air fryer and coat in bbq sauce.
- Place back in the air fryer at 370 for 2-3 minutes.
- Prepare salad by layering lettuce, black beans, corn, tortilla strips, avocado and cojia cheese. Cut up chicken tenders into nuggets and top on salad.
- Top with fresh cilantro and red pepper flakes. Serve with ranch dressing on the side.
until next time...