It’s time for another chopped salad around here and all the mediterranean flavors in a salad are one of my favorites. I love to keep these things in the fridge so I can make a med inspired salad at any time. Plus, a chopped salad instantly makes everything better, right!?
What you need to make this Mediterranean Chopped Salad:
- Mixed greens
- Kalamata Olives
- Red Onion
- Red bell pepper
- Italian seasoning, salt & pepper
What you need to make the light lemon dressing:
- Lemon, juiced
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Olive oil
- Dijon Mustard
- Garlic powder, sea salt
If you like this salad, you may also like these recipes on One Balanced Life:
A few items that I love to use in my kitchen for this recipe:
Save and Pin for later!
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup artichokes
- 1 tbsp feta cheese (optional)
- For the lemon vinaigrette dressing:
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt & pepper
- Start by rinsing and draining the chickpeas. You will want to peel off the shell on these too (the most annoying part haha!) and then pat them dry.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp italian seasoning plus sea salt & pepper
- Add these into the air fryer at 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes (flipping half way through)
- Chop up all ingredients (including the mixed greens!) and add to bowl.
- Prepare dressing by adding all ingredients together and blending up. If you don't have the dressing mixer, you may want to use a blender to make sure its properly mixed and blended. Set aside.
- Prepare salad by adding in chopped greens & veggies, crunchy chickpeas and feta cheese on top. Mix in lemon dressing and serve.
until next time...