This Mediterranean Shrimp Orzo Salad combines two of my favorite things and makes for a delicious summer salad! This is perfect to serve as a side dish or as your main for an easy weeknight dinner! The shrimp packs in protein, while filled with veggies from the Mediterranean flavors.
If you want a new summer salad, this Mediterranean Shrimp Orzo Salad will be a new favorite! Not only is it so simple to make using a simple lemon dressing, but it’s perfect to prep for the week or serve for an easy weeknight dinner! This orzo salad gets even better as the lemon dressing soaks up into the ingredients here. I love having light, but delicious meals like this during the summer. Great to enjoy while sitting outside or with a glass or wine!
What you need for Mediterranean Shrimp Orzo Salad:
- Orzo (I like using this brand!)
- Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Kalamata Olives
- Shrimp (I used Argentinian Frozen Shrimp from Trader Joe’s)
- Olive Oil
- Dijon mustard
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
How to make orzo salad:
- Start by preparing the orzo salad according to the package.
- Saute shrimp in a heated pan with olive oil, sea salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- In a small glass, combine lemon dressing ingredients and mix.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked orzo, sauteed shrimp, olives, feta cheese, cucumber, tomatoes, fresh dill. Pour dressing on top and mix.
How to store your leftover orzo salad:
It’s best to keep your leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge. I like using these containers for easy storage!
If you want to pair this orzo salad, try these options:
Serve it as a side for a cookout!
Pair it with fresh fruit and make it into your lunch.
Serve it warm with fresh toasted bread and a glass of wine for dinner!
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
How long will this orzo salad last in the fridge?
You can keep this orzo salad in the fridge for 2-3 days in a sealed container and it will stay fresh and delicious.
Can I make this dairy free?
Yes! You can leave out the crumbled feta cheese if you’d like to make this dairy free.
Can I serve this orzo salad warm or cold?
Yes! You can serve this either warm or cold, depending on what you prefer. I like to serve it warm the first time I make it and then enjoy the cold leftovers.
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
Mediterranean Shrimp Orzo Salad
This Mediterranean Shrimp Orzo Salad is perfect for a summer salad and made with simple ingredients! Make this for your next cookout or serve for an easy weeknight dinner!
- 3 cups cooked orzo
- 17 frozen shrimp
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Cook orzo according to package. Set aside.
- Prepare lemon dressing by combining juiced lemon, honey, dijon, olive oil, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1/2 tsp garlic powder. Mix to combine and set aside.
- Saute shrimp in a heated pan with olive oil. Season with 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder. Cook until shrimp are fully cooked through.
- In a large bowl, combine orzo, sauteed shrimp, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, feta cheese, fresh dill and lemon dressing.
- Mix to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!
I used Argentinian Frozen Shrimp from Trader Joe's
until next time...
What is orzo
Orzo is a grain!
I love this salad! It is so delicious and straightforward to make. I don’t change a thing and it’s perfect! Thanks for this great recipe!
So glad you enjoy it, Katrina!