What’s better than a salad packed with nutrients that will leave you feeling good after? This Superfood Salad is full of flavor and so easy to make! It’s perfect to meal prep for an easy lunch during the week or serve with grilled chicken or any other protein on top!
I love a good salad at lunch in the summertime and this Superfood Salad is packed with flavor and makes you feel good eating it too! The mix of quinoa, edamame, golden raisins and slivered almonds in here is so good! Plus, the simple dressing that adds a touch of sweetness is perfect for this salad. What I love about this is that you can easily switch it up by adding any protein or choice or keep it vegetarian. It’s still full of a plant based protein from the chickpeas in here too.
What you need for Superfood Salad:
- Chopped Kale
- Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Shredded Carrots
- Golden Raisins
- Slivered almonds
What you need for the dressing:
- Olive oil
- Garlic clove
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
How to make Superfood Salad:
- Start by preparing your dressing. Set aside.
- Cook quinoa according to package.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas. I like to remove the outer “shells” from the chickpeas too!
- In a large bowl, combine kale, arugula and remaining ingredients.
- Pour dressing on top.
- Mix together and use your hands to massage everything together too!
How to store your salad:
It’s best to store your salad in a sealed container in the fridge. I love using these for easy storage! The dressing will soak into the kale and other ingredients which makes this a great option to keep in the fridge for the next day.
If you want to pair this salad, try these options:
- Top with a protein of your choice! Anything from grilled chicken, sauteed shrimp or salmon would be great on top of this salad.
- Take it to your next cookout for a summer salad dish!
- Mix in shredded rotisserie chicken or tuna to add more protein!
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
- Southwestern Kale Salad
- Roasted Sweet Potato Kale Salad
- Chopped Kale and Brussels Salad
- Mediterranean Shrimp Orzo Salad
How long will this salad last in the fridge?
For maximum freshness, this salad will be best for 2-3 days in the fridge!
Do I have to use quinoa?
No, you can leave out the quinoa if you’d like! You can also add in a different grain like farro too.
What type of kale do you use?
I like to use the shredded kale from Trader Joe’s or any bagged chopped kale!
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 5 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup tri-color quinoa
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- for the dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- dash of pepper
- Prepare dressing by combining ingredients. Set aside.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas. Remove outer "shells" from the chickpeas.
- Cook quinoa according to package.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped kale, arugula, edamame, shredded carrots, feta, quinoa, golden raisins, slivered almonds and chickpeas.
- Pour dressing on top. Mix to combine. You may want to use your hands to fully coat the greens!
I like to cook my quinoa in vegetable broth for more flavor.
Remove the outer shells from the chickpeas
Adjust seasonings to taste.
until next time...