This may be a new favorite to make for the week! I love the flavors of curry and this chicken salad is no exception! This also reminded me I need to make a curry here soon. I’ve never attempted that dish at home! This chicken salad is also super easy to prepare for the week and use in a variety of ways. I feel like I say this with everything I make, but food that can be used in a variety of ways are the kind of meals that I like. That makes it easier to not get sick of what you made because you’re eating it in a variety of ways each time.
A few ways that I like to use it:
- On butter lettuce leaves
- As a wrap
- On sweet potato toast
You can really switch up a few things based off what you like/have on hand. For example, use a rotisserie chicken if you don’t want to wait for the chicken to cook in the crockpot! Or you can make your own mayo if you have an immersion blender on hand (still need to get one of those :)), you can leave the grapes out if you want (I like them because I feel like it adds a little sweetness to the salad), etc. I hope you love it!
If you’re currently doing Whole30, this is Whole 30 approved as long as you use compliant mayo and mustard 🙂
What you need to make Curry Chicken Salad:
- Shredded chicken breast: I shredded mine by cooking in the crockpot for 4 hrs or so but you could also use rotisserie chicken
- Walnuts (could also do slivered almonds, or omit, etc)
- Mayo made with Avocado Oil (I use Primal Kitchen) but you could also make your own!
- Dijon mustard
- Shredded carrots
- Seasonings: curry powder, turmeric powder, garlic powder, sea salt and pepper
- Green onion (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded chicken breast (I shredded mine by cooking in the crockpot for 4 hrs or so but you could also use rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (could also do slivered almonds, or omit, etc)
- 1 cup chopped grapes
- 2 tbsp mayo made with Avocado Oil (I use Primal Kitchen) but you could also make your own!
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp green onion (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- After chicken breast is shredded, combine all the ingredients in one bowl & mix.
- Store in fridge for a week!
until next time...