I’m sure you know by now how much I love sweet potato toast. I think it’s a great option for breakfast or lunch and can be an easy thing to throw together during the week. The best part is that you can prep the part that takes the most time—the toast! I will do this on Sunday to prepare for the week and then store the “toasts” (without toppings, of course) in the fridge in my stasher bags (love these for storing foods like this!). I want to walk you through step by step how easy it is to make these, prep them for the week and then easily pull out of the fridge when you need it.
Sweet Potato Toast
What you need for Sweet Potato Toast:
- Sweet Potato (preferably a good round one!)
- Avocado oil spray
- Sea salt, pepper
- Optional toppings: I love to use avocado, egg, nut butter and fresh fruit!
How to make Sweet Potato Toast:
- To begin, choosing the right sweet potato is key! Find one that is round and a little thicker so that your slices can come out evenly. Wash the sweet potato. Cut the ends off the sweet potato, then cut the sweet potato in half. Cut a slice on each side of the sweet potato until you get 3-4 slices (depending on the size of the sweet potato).
- Lay toast on a sheetpan and spray avocado oil spray (I love this one!) + sea salt & pepper on top.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place in the oven for 15-17 minutes on each slide. So 30-34 minutes total!
- Once you’ve made the sweet potato toast, you’ll want to store them if you’re not eating them all right away! I love using my stasher bags to keep them fresh for a couple days. Be sure to wait until they are cooled down to store! Once you’re ready to eat them, you can pop them in the toaster to reheat.
How to store these for meal prep:
These also make for a great option to prep for the week! Once these are ready in the fridge, you can easily top them for a healthy breakfast or lunch during the week! If I do prep them, I will reheat by placing in the toaster or the oven to heat up. The best way to store them if you’re prepping is going to be in these reusable bags or glass meal prep containers!
Now for the best part! The endless toppings for sweet potato toast:
- Nut butter, Banana and a drizzle of honey
- Mashed avocado and hardboiled egg
- Vanilla yogurt with berries and hemp seeds
- Mashed avocado with tomatoes and balsamic vinegar
- Cottage cheese with berries
- Tuna and cheese (even better if you make it melty!)
- Chicken salad, curry chicken salad or salmon salad
- Cream cheese & lox
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
Sweet Potato Toast
Delicious, simple breakfast!
- 1 sweet potato
- sea salt, pepper
- avocado oil spray
- optional toppings: avocado, hardboiled egg, nut butter, fresh fruit
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut sweet potato in half and then cut 1/3 pieces on each side. You should be able to get 1-2 "toasts" from each side of the sweet potato half depending on how big it is.
- Coat with a little avocado oil spray, sea salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes on each side.
- Top with desired toppings!
until next time...
Leave a Reply