Brunch just got a little better with these Southwestern Breakfast Potatoes. I love making a delicious spread on the weekends for brunch with all the things. It really doesn’t get any better than a slow morning that involves a delicious brunch and some coffee, right!? These breakfast potatoes don’t need to be just for breakfast, either! They can be paired as a side with lunch or dinner too, which makes this recipe even better. They would also be easy to prep for breakfast all week and make for great leftovers!
What you need:
- Yukon Gold Mini Potatoes
- Olive oil
- Red bell pepper
- Yellow onion
- Yellow bell pepper
- Chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, sea salt & pepper
How to make Southwestern Breakfast Potatoes:
- Cut up Yukon gold potatoes and place in large pan with water to boil until fork tender. Drain potatoes when done.
- In pan, add olive oil to heat up. Give the stovetop a few minutes to heat up before adding potatoes!
- Mix together seasoning mix: paprika, chili seasoning, garlic powder, sea salt and pepper.
- In large bowl, combine potatoes with seasoning mixture. Pour potatoes on hot pan and shake up to cook potatoes. You can adjust seasonings if needed.
- Once potatoes have finished cooking, remove from pan. Add chopped bell pepper and onion mixture to sauté seperately. You will want to add a little sea salt and pepper to the veggies.
- Combine veggies with potatoes to serve! Enjoy!
If you like these breakfast potatoes, try these other recipes on One Balanced Life:
- Healthy Breakfast Hash is a go-to that is so simple and works well with breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- These Breakfast Taquitos are a fun way to switch up your brunch!
- Breakfast Tostadas
- Breakfast Egg Bake
- 4 cups chopped Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- optional: cilantro for garnish
- 1/2 tsp sea salt & pepper
- Cut up yukon gold potatoes. In large pot, add water to boil.
- Place potatoes in and boil until fork tender. Drain when done.
- Coat olive oil to completely cover pan.
- Combine seasoning mix. In large bowl, combine potatoes with seasoing and mix to completely cover.
- Once pan is hot, add potatoes. Lightly mix up to cook. (10-12 minutes)
- When potatoes get crispy on the outside, remove from pan and set aside.
- Place bell pepper and onion in the pan to quickly saute. Add sea salt and pepper. You want to lightly saute these so they don't get too soft.
- Combine potatoes with veggies. Top with cilantro and red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
until next time...