When you’re wanting a little switch up from the usual breakfast but still simple and only a few ingredients, make these breakfast taquitos! I love having eggs for really any meal of the day because they are super satisfying and great protein. These little taquitos are great because you can totally switch them up with what you have on hand and can load them up however you like! You have the option to use whatever tortillas you have on hand or prefer.
Some other filling options that would be delicious:
- chicken sausage
- breakfast sausage
- feta cheese
Also, you can get creative with your dipping sauces and do salsa like I did here, mashed avocado, sriracha, or jalapeño sauce (my favorite from trader joes!)
I hope you love them as much as I do!
How to make the best breakfast taquitos:
Breakfast just got a little better! Start by making sure the oven is preheated to 425 degrees. Scramble the eggs in a pan and add in whatever mix-in’s you want here! The options are endless on what you choose to fill them up with. Heat up a tortilla in the microwave for 10 seconds (this makes it easier to roll up!) And then divide the scramble up amongst all of the corn tortillas. Note: if you use larger tortillas, you won’t be able to make as many as I did here!
Roll them up and then place seal down on the baking sheet. Spray each taquito with a little baking spray and then place in the oven for 10 minutes. Serve with salsa, guacamole or whatever you choose!
- 6 eggs
- 5-6 corn tortillas
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup Mexican cheese (+ more if you’d like!)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt & pepper
- Avocado oil spray/Olive oil spray
- Optional: salsa for dipping!
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In pan, scramble eggs with red bell pepper and onion.
- Heat up tortilla in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- Divide scramble into tortillas and add cheese on top.
- Roll up and place seal down on baking sheet.
- Spray each taquito with baking spray and place in the oven to bake for 10 minutes.
until next time...