Just finding all the ways to make cauliflower and I’m obsessed with this combo. I always love a good taco salad and now can use this as a way to switch it up from the usual. This is a great alternative for a vegetarian meal because it still is loaded with protein!
One thing I love about cauliflower is the variety of ways that you can cook with it. Honestly, I think it can be a little bland on it’s own, but it’s a vehicle for a bunch of great recipes.
If you haven’t already tried these cauliflower recipes, you’ll love:
- Buffalo Baked Cauliflower
- Sweet & Sour Cauliflower
- Harissa Tahini Cauliflower (Truefood Kitchen remake!)
Taco salads make for an easy lunch or dinner! They are great to also prep for the week. Just prep the ingredients that you’ll use for the salad by chopping and storing the veggies, making the cauliflower ahead of time, etc.
If you’re meal prepping some of these ingredients, I like to use these containers. Great for storage of all different items!
Recipe tip: if using a larger head of cauliflower, add more enchilada sauce
How to make an Enchilada Cauliflower Taco Salad:
- Cut cauliflower up into pieces.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay out cauliflower on baking sheet with a little sea salt, pepper & garlic powder.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, pour cauliflower into bowl and add 1/2 cup enchilada sauce.
- Place back in the oven for 10 minutes. Option to broil for a few minutes to crisp up ends.
- Layer in salad by adding romaine lettuce, black beans, tomatoes, cucumber and cooked cauliflower. Top with red pepper flakes, cojita cheese and cilantro.
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce (I used the red Trader Joe’s enchilada sauce)
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- Sea salt/ pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Cilantro & red pepper flakes for garnish
- Optional: guacamole on the side, cojita cheese, Trader Joe’s Jalapeño sauce
until next time...