Now is a great time to prepare overnight oats for an easy breakfast! I love using the beginning of the week to prep easy, healthy breakfasts to have ready to go for the week. It’s always great to wake up in the morning and have something in the fridge for you. I love overnight oats because not only are they tasty but they are great for a satisfying breakfast, great to prep for the week and you can make so many different flavors for the week!
I’m loving all of the berries right now, especially strawberries! But if you don’t have strawberries you can switch this up with a different berry or different flavor yogurt. There are so many options to customize overnight oats however you like!
If you love overnight oats as much as I do, then you’ll also love these recipes on One Balanced Life:
- Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats
- The OG Overnight Oats
- Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats
A few tips on storing these:
- I always store them in a tight sealed container! A few that I love are Weck jars, Porter bowls (code ‘onebalancedlife’ gets you 20% off your order!) and Ball mason jars
- I store them in the fridge overnight!
- This recipe serves two but you can split it up if you want two separate jars.
How to make Overnight Oats:
The best way to make overnight oats is by combining all of the ingredients together in your jar and mixing. Not only is this super simple but makes for easy access to grab and go if you need to!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- A little over a cup of almond milk
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2-3 chopped strawberries (small pieces)
- heaping 1 tbsp mixed berry yogurt (I like to use Siggi’s berry yogurt here but any creamy berry yogurt will work)
- 1 tsp maple syrup (you can add a little more if you like it sweeter!)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Optional toppings: slivered almonds, more strawberries, almond butter and banana
- Combine all ingredients into a jar and mix.
- Store in fridge overnight.
- In the morning, add desired toppings and enjoy!
until next time...