If you love chicken salad as much as I do, you’ll love these chicken salad stuffed tomatoes for an easy lunch during the week. My Healthy Chicken Salad is one of my favorite things to prep for the week because not only is it super easy but there are so many ways to use it!
Some of my favorite ways to use my Healthy Chicken Salad is:
- In stuffed tomatoes!
- In a pita or on a sandwich
- With crackers and veggies
- On top of a bed of greens
- Made into a “chicken salad melt”
You don’t need much to make this recipe either! Here’s what you can expect to grab at the store to make these Chicken Salad Stuffed Tomatoes
- Juicy Tomatoes (plus they are in season right now!)
- Chicken breasts (or rotisserie chicken will work!)
- Grapes: adds a bit of a sweet touch to it
- Slivered Almonds
- Mayo made with avocado oil: I love this as a healthier option for mayo. I like to use this one
- Dijon mustard
- Seasonings: sea salt, pepper, garlic powder
If you want to stuff your tomatoes with another salad, try one of these on One Balanced Life:
Chicken Salad Stuffed Tomatoes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
A fun twist on chicken salad!
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast (rotisserie chicken would work too)
- 1/3 cups celery
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup chopped grapes
- 2 tbsp mayo (made with avocado oil)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- sea salt, pepper to taste
- Cut tomatoes off at the top and scoop out the inside.
- Prepare chicken salad by combining shredded chicken, celery, slivered almonds, grapes, mayo and dijon mustard, sea salt & mustard to taste.
- Stuff chicken salad in tomatoes
until next time...
Leave a Reply