If you’ve been here for a while, you know my all time go-to is the combination of sweet potatoes, Brussel sprouts and chicken sausage. It makes for a perfect combination for breakfast, lunch and dinner! I’ve been also craving honey mustard flavors (weird right!?) but you gotta listen to those cravings!
So.. I decided I would combine the two by using a little homemade “honey mustard dressing’.” And let me tell you, this may be my new favorite thing! I love the sauce on its own, but mixed in with this was a surprisingly delicious combination.
What I love about this is that it makes a bunch! You can either make it and have it prepped for a couple meals during the week or it can feed 3-4 in the family for a meal. I personally think it tasted even better as leftovers which means you know it’s good!
I cooked this all in one pan on the stove, but if you wanted to roast everything and then toss it in the honey mustard sauce, that would work too! I also used shredded Brussels sprouts here but you can use regular brussels if you are cooking them in the stove.
How to make a one pan meal:
Whenever you use sweet potato, be sure to microwave it before cutting up to sauté. This makes it even easier to cook on the stove. Start with the sweet potato in a pan to saute. Add in the chicken sausage and leave the shredded brussels until the end. Mix together honey mustard sauce and pour on sautéed veggies. Enjoy!
- 1 package shredded Brussels sprouts (I got the bag from Trader Joe’s!)
- 3 apple & chicken sausages
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt & pepper
- Honey mustard sauce:
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Microwave sweet potato for 2 minutes before cutting it.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to pan with sweet potato. Allow this to sauté for a couple minutes until fork tender.
- Add in chicken sausage and shredded brussels sprouts.
- Continue to mix until everything is sautéed.
- Mix together honey mustard sauce in jar.
- Remove from heat and add honey mustard sauce to sweet potato, shredded brussels and chicken sausage. Mix thoroughly
until next time...