Hi! I know many people are beginning to start a new round of Whole30 and I thought I would do a roundup of some of my favorite Whole30 friendly recipes. I also have weekly recaps of when I did my first Whole30 on my blog. My biggest tip if this is your first Whole30 is to PLAN! I will always say planning ahead has been the most helpful for me in maintaining healthy habits, but it’s almost crucial during the Whole30. Plus, it will make this a breeze! Planning ahead on what you’re going to make for the week can help you from mindlessly snacking or finding a reason to eat something else that may be more convenient.
A few other tips that I have if you’re starting your Whole30 journey:
- Plan ahead! Schedule out your meals ahead of time so you know what you’re going to make
- Meal prep. Prepare simple ingredients to meals that makes throwing together meals even easier during the week!
- Engage in the Whole30 community. A lot of people are usually doing this right along with you so you’re not alone!
- Always come back to your WHY. It’s going to get hard & you’re going to want to give up, but coming back to your why will help you push through the 30 days.
- Find ways to make the things you love Whole30 compliant. Favorite comfort food? I bet there’s a way to make it Whole30 compliant
I loved my first Whole30 and have done them randomly ever since. I still love to create recipes that are Whole30 compliant and sometimes will find myself making them without even thinking about it! That’s the great thing about doing Whole30 are all the new recipes, ingredients and products that you begin to try because they are Whole30 friendly.
I hope that this roundup is helpful for you. Let me know if you have any other questions about the Whole30 or recipes that you’d like for me to recreate for you.
1) Banana Almond Chia Pudding: this is a great breakfast to meal prep for something quick or even a snack that will keep you full! Switch up the toppings each time with different berries or nuts.
2) The OG Breakfast Hash: this is one of my favorites to make and eat for breakfast, lunch or dinner! This makes a bunch so it’s perfect to prep for the week. You can make some eggs to top on it for a great, filling breakfast. Oh, and some avocado always!
3) The Best Breakfast Potatoes: These are a necessity to the brunch spread. I love making these and having alongside some scrambled eggs and avocado. Get a compliant ketchup for a little dipping too 🙂
4) Sweet Potato Toast: another great option for breakfast or lunch! Sweet potato toast is a great thing to prep and have for easy meal during the week. The toppings are endless and it’s a great way to substitute bread.
1) Healthy Chicken Salad : my go-to chicken salad because I make this ALL the time!! It makes for the best lunch and it’s so easy. You can make this how you like by switching the grapes out for apples or switch out the nuts. It’s great to top on greens, sweet potato toast or have with veggies.
2) Mediterranean Tuna Salad: a great option to prep for the week! This has so much flavor! Just leave out the feta cheese to make it Whole30 compliant.
3) Chipotle Chicken Salad: another favorite for lunchtime! This chipotle sauce is easy to prep and use a couple different ways besides for this chicken salad!
4) Curry Chicken Salad: if you like curry flavors, you’ll love this one! Similar to my healthy chicken salad recipe, but with all the flavors of curry. Put these in some lettuce cups for an easy lunch.
5) Thai Chopped Chicken Salad: hello almond butter sauce! obsessed with this, you wouldn’t even expect it to be Whole30.
6) Salmon Salad: if you like salmon, you’ll love this super simple salmon salad! This is a great way to switch it up from your usual baked salmon.
7) Shrimp Cobb Salad: I love a salad the size of my head and this one is no exception. leave off the cheese here to make this Whole30 compliant!
1) Chicken Sausage, Sweet Potato & Brussels sprouts Sheet Pan: my favorite combo ever! This makes for the easiest sheet pan meal . Don’t forget about the sauce—you’ll love that on top!
2) Balsamic Chicken & Veggies Sheet Pan: this is a great one pan meal that’s easy to make and full of veggies!
3) BBQ Chicken Burger Sliders: I love using the sweet potato as a “bun” for these chicken burgers. Just use a Whole30 compliant sauce here and you’ll be good!
4) Buffalo Turkey Burger Sliders: These sliders are great for meals during the week. Tip: make the turkey burgers at the beginning of the week and then prepare the rest throughout the week depending on how you want to fix them.
5) Greek Turkey Burgers: if you love greek flavors, you’ll love these as much as I do! Just leave out the feta cheese, and these are Whole30 compliant.
6) Spring Roll in a Bowl: a great recipe that’s not only easy & tasty but it makes a bunch! It’s great for the whole family or to have throughout the week.
Let me know if you make any of these by tagging me on Instagram or Facebook at @onebalancedlife. xoxo
until next time...