There’s nothing better than a meal that can come together on one pan. This Maple Mustard Salmon One Pan Meal will be your new favorite easy weeknight dinner. I love the sweet and savory combo of the maple mustard sauce on the salmon which really balances out with the basmati rice (not on the pan, but still works) and roasted veggies.
Maple Mustard Salmon One Pan Meal
I’m always looking for ways to switch up how I cook salmon. Cooking this up for an easy weeknight dinner makes for a nutritious meal that’s packed with protein and healthy fats. This Maple Mustard Salmon One Pan Meal doesn’t get much easier. A sauce that’s made with a couple simple ingredients and gives the salmon so much flavor! All you need is one pan to cook the salmon and broccolini together! Obviously, cook the rice separately but there are a lot of ways to make that simpler too!
If you haven’t already noticed, I love salmon dishes! I think they are super versatile to switch around with different sides and it makes for such a nutritious meal. If you aren’t the biggest fan of salmon or have someone in your family that isn’t then try this one for them! I bet the combination of the sweet and salty of this maple mustard sauce on top will be convincing enough to enjoy salmon. Paired with some roasted broccolini and brown basmati rice for a perfect dinner combination.
Why you’ll love this dish:
- It’s seriously so easy!!
- You may have everything you already need at home to throw this together!
- It’s super satisfying, healthy and packed with protein and nutrients leaving you feeling GOOD after eating it.
- It makes for great leftovers!
What you need for Maple Mustard Salmon:
- 2 pieces of fresh salmon
- Basmati Rice
- Maple syrup
- Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- Avocado Oil
- Sea salt
- Red Pepper flakes
What if I don’t have Whole Grain Dijon Mustard?
If you don’t have whole grain dijon, you can switch this out for regular dijon mustard. I do love the taste the whole grain mustard gives this though!
Can I do another veggie besides broccolini?
Yes! If you want to use another veggie that’s totally okay! I would suggest using one that won’t take a long time to cook like broccolini. Think asparagus, green beans or pepper mixture.
What’s the best salmon to get for this recipe?
I like using the salmon portions that you can get at most grocery stores. These are the Atlantic Salmon Portions from Whole Foods that I have always enjoyed!
How to make Maple Mustard Salmon Sheetpan:
- The rice you will cook separately if you plan to add so follow directions according to package.
- On a baking sheet, lay out two pieces of salmon and broccolini. Prepare maple mustard sauce for salmon.
- For the maple mustard sauce, combine whole grain dijon mustard, maple syrup and sea salt.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake salmon and broccolini together for 20 minutes.
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these simple weeknight dinners on One Balanced Life:
- One Pot Taco Pasta
- Butternut and Black Bean Enchiladas
- Sweet Potato, Brussels sprouts and Chicken Sausage One Pan
Looking for more salmon dishes? Try these!
- This sheetpan makes enough for 2 or great to save for leftovers!
Save and Pin for later!
Maple Mustard Salmon One Pan Meal
Simple weeknight dinner!
- 2 pieces salmon portions
- 1 small head broccolini
- 1 cup cooked brown basmati rice
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp whole grain dijon mustard
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt + additional for baking
- avocado oil spray
- dash of pepper, red pepper flakes
- Start by cooking your rice according to the package. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a sheetpan, lay out broccolini and two pieces of salmon. Lightly spray broccolini with avocado oil, sea salt & pepper.
- Mix together maple mustard sauce for salmon by adding dijon, whole grain dijon, maple syrup and sea salt together. Coat on top of both pieces of salmon leaving a little remaining to add once finished.
- Bake salmon and broccolini together for 20 minutes.
- Prepare plate by adding cooked brown basmati rice, roasted broccolini and maple mustard salmon. Drizzle with remaining maple mustard sauce.
until next time...
Leave a Reply