One of my go-to’s for a quick and easy dinner is a good tostada! There are many recipes on One Balanced Life depending on what you’re craving and now these Ground Turkey Tostadas for a simple, satisfying meal. Made with a few simple ingredients and perfect to add to your weeknight dinner rotation.
You know the times when dinner rolls around and you’re trying to figure out what to make!? It needs to be quick but also something that everyone will enjoy. Insert these Ground Turkey Tostadas. Not only are they so simple and can come together in less than 20 minutes, they are so delicious too! The key to a good ground turkey meal is for it to be seasoned well. I use a southwestern flavored seasoning to add the taste here that I love!
Add these tostadas to your menu for an easy weeknight dinner this week!
What you need for Ground Turkey Tostadas:
- Ground Turkey
- Corn tortilla
- Yellow onion
- Garlic cloves
- Refried beans
- Beef Broth
- Iceberg lettuce
- Crumbled Cotija cheese
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Sea salt
How to make these tostadas:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray tortilla lightly with avocado oil spray.
- Place in the oven to bake for 10 minutes. Flip half way through.
- In a pan, add 1 tbsp olive oil with minced garlic and diced onion to brown. Add in ground turkey with seasonings to brown. Add beef broth too.
- Prepare tostadas by adding refried beans, ground turkey, shredded iceberg lettuce, cojita cheese and red pepper flakes.
How to store your leftovers:
It’s best to store your leftover ground turkey mixture in a sealed container in the fridge. I like using these!
If you want to switch this up, try doing this instead:
- Use refried black beans instead
- Add mashed avocado!
- Try it with ground chicken instead!
- Drizzle a sauce on top. I love using my creamy jalapeño sauce on this one too.
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
- Spicy Crockpot Chicken Tostadas
- BBQ Chicken Tostadas
- Healthy Ground Turkey Enchiladas
- Chicken Apple Sausage Sheetpan Dinner
Can I add these to my meal prep?
While these are best to prepare the night you’d like to enjoy them, the ground turkey will reheat well so you can prepare that ahead of time if you’d like!
Do I have to use ground turkey?
Try this with ground chicken or beef if you’d like!
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- dash of cayenne
- 2 tbsp crumbled cotija cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place corn tortillas on sheetpan and lightly spray with avocado oil spray.
- Place in the oven to bake for 10 minutes. Flipping half way.
- In a pan, heat up olive oil with minced garlic and diced yellow onion. Once sauteed, add ground turkey to brown.
- Mix together seasonings for ground turkey: chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, sea salt and pepper. Mix in with ground turkey to completely mix together. Adjust seasonings if needed. Pour in beef broth too.
- Heat up refried beans.
- Assemble tostadas by adding refried beans, ground turkey, shredded iceberg lettuce, cotija cheese and red pepper flakes.
The ground turkey mixture will make enough for more than 3 tostadas.
until next time...