When is it not a good time for pizza right!? I personally love a good veggie pizza loaded up with all the veggies that I have in the fridge. It’s a great way to not only get all the veggies in, but use it as a way to differentiate how you usually enjoy them.
What’s great about pizza at home are all of the options for using a different crust. I used garlic naan here (which is one of my favorites!) but I also love using:
- Cauliflower crust
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Cauliflower sandwich thins
- Simple Mills Crust
While making your own sauce can sometimes take more time, it is sooo worth it for this spinach basil hemp seed sauce! Plus, the recipe makes enough to have some for a couple other meals during the week.
Other ways that I love to use this sauce is on salads, sheet pan meals and mixed into pasta. If you don’t plan to make this sauce, I love the kale cashew pesto from Trader Joe’s or you can use any that you have around!
These are perfect to make for an easy weeknight or weekend dinner and only take a couple minutes to come together! Make it your own by adding in different veggies. Hope you love this as much as I do.
- Cook farro according to package.
- In pan, add olive oil, minced garlic and onion to saute.
- Turn heat down to medium and add in veggie broth and cooked farro and stir.
- Add in chickpeas and mushrooms and seasonings to mix. Add in more seasoning to taste if needed.
- Stir for a couple minutes and add in spinach to wilt.
- Turn heat down to medium low and add in shredded parmesan cheese.
- Continue to stir until cheese completely melts.
- Top with red pepper flakes!
- Make spinach basil hemp seed sauce by combining all ingredients into a food processor and blending.
- Layer ingredients on naan: sauce, artichokes, black olives, mushrooms and onion.
- Top with desired amount of cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place in oven for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melty.
until next time...