I don’t think there’s anything better than pesto on pizza. This Pesto Flatbread Pizza is not only made with simple ingredients but makes for an easy weeknight dinner too! The combination of sun dried tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese and pesto is a delicious one.
If you want a new easy weeknight dinner, this Pesto Flatbread Pizza is it. Not only is it so simple to make but everyone will love it! I made it by using many ingredients that you can pick up at Trader Joe’s or any grocery store that you shop at. If you want something easy to throw together for lunch or dinner, you’ll love this one.
I used the Vegan Kale Cashew Pesto From Trader Joe’s as well as their Naan and remaining ingredients of fresh mozzarella, basil, cherry tomatoes, arugula and sun-dried tomatoes. So easy to pick up everything at one time!
What you need for Pesto Flatbread Pizza:
- Basil Pesto
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Minced garlic
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Olive oil
How to make flatbread pizzas:
- Start by taking your naan and topping it with minced garlic and oil.
- Place in the oven to bake at 425 degrees on the middle rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with pesto, fresh mozzarella, sun dried tomatoes and cherry tomatoes.
- Place back in the oven on the middle rack for 7 minutes before transferring to a baking sheet for the remaining time. About 4-5 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Top with fresh basil and arugula. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
How to store your pizzas:
These Pesto Flatbread Pizzas make for great leftovers the next day too! I recommend keeping them in sealed containers in the fridge to easily reheat. To keep from turning soggy, reheat in the air fryer for a few minutes if you have one available to use.
If you want to switch up this flatbread, try these options:
- Top protein on it like grilled chicken strips or chicken sausage!
- Use any homemade or store bought pesto that you like. I used the vegan pesto from Trader Joes.
- Try using shredded cheese instead of fresh mozzarella if you don’t have any around.
If you like this recipe, you may also like these on One Balanced Life:
- Pesto Tortellini Pasta
- Buffalo Chicken Naan Flatbread
- Grilled Chicken Pesto Pasta
- Easy Tortilla Pizzas
- Pest Flatbread Pizza
- Buffalo Chicken Naan Flatbread
- Summer Flatbread
Can I use a different flatbread other than Naan?
Yes! You can make this on any flatbread or use a pizza crust that you prefer. I love how the Naan gets extra crispy when it’s baked.
Can I add protein to this flatbread pizza?
Yes! If you want to make this a more filling pizza, I would recommend adding protein or having some on the side. You could add pre-cooked grilled chicken strips, salami or chicken sausage here!
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 2 Naan Flatbreads
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 6 pieces fresh mozzarella
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup arugula
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves
- dash of red pepper flakes
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Brush minced garlic on top of each naan flatbread.
- Place on middle rack of oven to bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove and top with pesto, fresh mozzarella, sundried tomatoes and cherry tomatoes.
- Place back in the oven on the middle rack for 6-7 minutes (keep an eye on it so it doesn't get too crispy!). Remove from the middle rack and place on baking sheet for remaining time of about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh basil, arugula, red pepper flakes and a drizzle of olive oil.
It's best to brush on the garlic using minced garlic in the jar. If not use a little combo of olive oil and minced garlic cloves.
Ovens can cook differently. You may not need 6-7 minutes before moving it to a baking sheet.
until next time...