I think I’ve found my new favorite vegetarian meal. This Curried Chickpea Salad is packed with flavor and so easy to make! Using many pantry ingredients and perfect to meal prep for an easy lunch during the week. This is great to top on greens, serve with pita or add on top of toast.
If you’re looking for a new salad to add to your weekly rotation, try this Curried Chickpea Salad. It’s perfect to prep at the beginning of the week and use in a variety of ways all week long. I love serving it with some fresh pita bread and topping the salad on that for an easy lunch. This chickpea salad takes less than 30 minutes to throw together, packed with plant based protein and so flavorful!
If you’re looking to get into a meal prep routine, I recommend starting out with simple meals like this one. It’s easy to prepare ahead of time and will last int he fridge for a couple of days. You can serve it multiple ways so you never get sick of it. Chickpeas are a great source of plant based protein too.
What you need for Curried Chickpea Salad:
- Can of Chickpeas (or garbanzo beans!)
- Red onion
- Slivered almonds
- Avocado Oil Mayo
- Curry Powder
- Fresh cilantro
- Garlic Powder
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
How to make this chickpea salad:
- Start by rinsing and draining your can of chickpeas.
- Remove the “shells” off the chickpeas. This takes a little time and patience!
- In a bowl, add the chickpeas and mash with a fork. I like to keep some still as their shape instead of mashing.
- Add chopped celery, red onion, raisins and slivered almonds.
- In a separate bowl, add mayo, lime juice, lime zest, curry powder, garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper. Mix throughly.
- Add mix to chickpeas. Mix to combine.
- Add fresh cilantro. Adjust seasonings if needed.
- Top on pita bread, on greens or serve in a wrap!
How to store your salad for the week:
I recommend keeping your curried chickpea salad stored in sealed containers in the fridge to maintain freshness and taste. I like to use these for easy storage or these for a variety of sizes to keep around.
If you want to pair this chickpea salad, try these easy options:
- In a whole grain tortilla or wrap!
- Serve it on top of fresh pita bread.
- Stuff it in between toasted bread
- Top it on greens with crackers.
If you like this salad, you may also enjoy these recipes on One Balanced Life
- Roasted Chickpea and Cauliflower Bowls
- Sweet Potato Chickpea Salad with Maple Tahini Dressing
- Curry Chicken Salad
- Mediterranean Farro Salad
- Avocado Egg Salad
Are chickpeas a good source of protein?
Yes! Chickpeas are a great plant based protein and perfect for a vegetarian meal. Just 1 cup of chickpeas is equivalent to 14.5 grams of protein.
How long will this salad last?
You can keep this salad in the fridge for up to 3-4 days! It’s great to make for the week.
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
Curried Chickpea Salad
This Curried Chickpea Salad is packed with flavor and perfect to meal prep for the week! Top it on greens, serve it with fresh pita or top on toasted bread for an easy lunch. A delicious plant based meal.
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 tbsp slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup mayo made with Avocado Oi
- 1 lime, juice
- 1/2 lime, zest
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- dash of black pepper
- Rinse and drain chickpeas. Remove the "shells" from the chickpea.
- Add chickpeas to a bowl and mash with a fork. Leaving some still in shape.
- Finely chop red onion and celery.
- In bowl, add red onion, celery, raisins and slivered almonds.
- In seperate bowl, add mayo, lime juice, lime zest, curry powder, garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper. Mix to combine.
- Pour sauce on top of chickpeas and mix to combine with ingredients. Add fresh cilantro. Adjust seasonings if needed to taste.
Be sure to rinse and drain chickpeas.
Be sure to remove the shell on the chickpea!
until next time...
Leave a Reply