If you like carrot cake, you’ll love these Carrot Cake Bites. They are the perfect treat to have ready in the fridge during the week that has all the taste of carrot cake into one. These bites are made with super simple ingredients and they are something that everyone will love! They are great to eat as a snack or crumble on a yogurt or oatmeal bowl too!
Carrot Cake Bites
What you need:
- Raw walnuts
- Raw almonds
- Rolled oats
- Shredded carrots
- 9 pitted dates (Deglet Noor)
- Cinnamon, sea salt, nutmeg
- Vanilla extract
- Shredded coconut
- Optional: white chocolate chips
How to make:
- Combine dates, almonds, walnuts and oats in the food processor and blend.
- Add shredded coconut, carrots, vanilla extract and spices. Blend to combine.
- Place mixture in the fridge for 20 minutes (Don’t forget to do this!) and then roll into balls. Tip: use a cookie scoop to get them all the same size!
- Melt white chocolate (or chocolate that you prefer) and dip top of bite into the chocolate. Sprinkle shredded coconut and carrot on top.
- Store in the fridge!
What I used to make these:
How to store these bites for the week:
Do I have to use white chocolate?
No! You can leave off the white chocolate if you prefer. You can also do milk or dark chocolate if you prefer that too.
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup pitted dates (about 9 pitted deglet noor dates)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Optional: 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Start by adding the dates, walnuts, almonds and oats in the food processor. Blend thoroughly.
- Add shredded coconut, carrots and spices, vanilla extract. Blend to combine.
- Place mixture in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Roll into bites!
- Melt 1/2 cup white chocolate chips. Dip the bite into the white chocolate so it just covers the top. Sprinkle with shredded coconut and carrot.
- Store in the fridge. Enjoy!
until next time...