You know I love cauliflower and this dish may be a new favorite! If you’ve ever been to True Food Kitchen, this is a remake of one of my favorite dishes from there! I knew I needed to recreate it after visiting and trying it out. The best part about trying new things at restaurants is being inspired to make it at home. I think you’ll love this Harissa Tahini Cauliflower!
Harissa Tahini Cauliflower
If you’ve been to True Food Kitchen and gotten their Charred Cauliflower then this dish may be a little familiar to you 😉 after having it a few weeks ago, I new I needed to recreate something similar. I loved the sweet and spiciness to it with the harissa and the chopped dates. The best thing to do is get a bite of each thing in it each time…SO GOOD. You get a little crunch, a little something spicy, and a little sweet with a date.
I love finding ways to remake the dishes that I love to get out . Not only does it ensure you know what’s all going in it, but you it saves some money along the way. Making this harissa tahini cauliflower at home means you can have it more then you would at home!
This would be perfect if you need an appetizer to take to a party, serve with dinner or just have by itself! I hope you love it as much as I do.
What you need for Harissa Tahini Cauliflower:
- Cauliflower Head
- Coconut Aminos
- Garlic powder, sea salt, pepper
- Avocado Oil Spray
- Fresh mint, dill
What harissa did you use?
I used the Harissa from Trader Joes! I love it for this recipe.
Can I sub coconut aminos for soy sauce?
Yes! If you don’t have coconut aminos on hand, you can use soy sauce. I love to use coconut aminos in a lot of my recipes and it’s definitely a staple around here.
How to make Harissa Tahini Cauliflower:
- Start by chopping up head of cauliflower.
- Place on pan and spray with olive oil spray. Top with sea salt, pepper & paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Make sure to flip around half way through!
- While baking, prepare harissa tahini sauce. Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix: Tahini, harissa, coconut aminos, water, lemon, garlic powder & additional salt. Whisk together.
- Once cauliflower has finished baking, place in a bigger mixing bowl. Add in harissa tahini sauce to throughly cover cauliflower and completely mix!
- Fold in chopped dates, pistachios, fresh mint & dill. Garnish with more if needed!
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
- Air Fried BBQ Cauliflower
- Buffalo Cauliflower
- Sweet & Sour Cauliflower
- Sriracha Maple Baked Cauliflower
Looking for more snack or appetizer ideas? Try these!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp harissa (I used the trader joes harissa)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 4 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 6 chopped dates
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill & mint
- Avocado oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop up head of cauliflower, place on pan and spray with avocado oil spray. Top with sea salt, pepper & paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Flip around half way through
While baking, prepare harissa tahini sauce.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix: Tahini, harissa paste, coconut aminos, water, lemon, garlic powder & additional salt. Whisk together.
- Once cauliflower has finished baking, place in a bigger mixing bowl. Add in harissa tahini sauce to throughly cover cauliflower.
- Fold in chopped dates, pistachios, fresh mint & dill.
- Garnish with more mint & dill if necessary.
until next time...