Superbowl is right around the corner and you know what that means!? ALL THE APPETIZERS! aka my favorite part. I’ll watch the commercials and eat the snacks haha anyways, I’ve been obsessed with this easy baked buffalo cauliflower! It has a little kick to it with the Hot sauce but if you like that, then you’ll love this. I was even making it and throwing it in bowls with other roasted veggies and it was delish to add to a meal in that way too!
All you need are a few ingredients and a little time to throw this together. I think i’ll be having this on repeat even after Super Bowl snacks are over.
This is also completely gluten free, whole 30 approved & dairy free! I made the homemade ranch because store bought ones can have funky ingredients. One that I do like is from Primal Kitchen though. Totally optional to make with this cauliflower but I love it.
Recipe Note: I haven’t made this with any flour besides for Almond Flour!
Did you know that you can also make buffalo cauliflower in the air fryer? Using the air fryer makes for a quicker way to get buffalo cauliflower, plus I think it gets a little extra crispy this way!
- For the air fryer instructions: follow same ingredients, steps, etc. just place in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 10 minutes (moving around half way through). Then coat in hot sauce and place back in the air fryer for additional 5 minutes. That’s it! I use this air fryer.
How to make the homemade ranch sauce:
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked for 4+ hrs)
- 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup water (can adjust for desired consistency)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- sea salt & pepper
How to make baked buffalo cauliflower:
- Start by cutting the head of cauliflower. You want to make sure you have pieces that aren’t too small but not too big!
- Prepare a mixture of egg in one bowl and almond flour with seasonings in another bowl.
- Take a piece of cauliflower and roll it in the egg mixture and then roll in the flour mixture. Set aside
- You will bake or air fry the cauliflower first before adding in the buffalo sauce!
- Once you cook for time in the instructions, coat in buffalo sauce and place back in the oven or air fryer to continue to finish cooking
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- Sea Salt & pepper
- For the ranch sauce: 1/2 cup cashews (soaked for 4+ hrs) + 1 lemon + 1 garlic clove + 1/3 cup water + 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk + 2 tbsp fresh dill + sea salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the cauliflower into pieces.
- Prepare the dipping mixture by putting 2 eggs in a bowl and the almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper in another bowl.
- Dip each piece of cauliflower into egg mixture and then roll into flour mixture. Place on baking sheet.
- Continue until you have coated all of the cauliflower.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes until pieces are a little crispy on the edges.
- Put the baked cauliflower back into the bowl & pour the hot sauce on top. Completely coating the cauliflower. Pour back onto baking sheet.
- Place in the oven for an additional 8 minutes. Then broil on HIGH for 1 minute. Option to broil longer but keep an eye on them!
- For the ranch sauce, combine all the ingredients in the food processor and blend. (You’ll have to blend it for a little until cashew pieces are blended completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 824mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 6gSugar: 5gProtein: 10g
until next time...