What’s better then a combination of roasted sweet potatoes, eggs, avocado and sautéed greens at breakfast? I don’t think there is one! This Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl makes for a balanced meal that’s perfect to prep for an easy breakfast during the week too. It’s packed with protein and full of flavor too.
If you’re looking for a new way to switch up breakfast, these Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowls are for you! Not only are they perfect to prep ahead of the week, but they will keep you satisfied all morning long. These bowls are packed with flavor and full of nourishing foods that will leave you feeling good too. I make sure to start my day with a nourishing breakfast in order to start the day off right and I aim for a breakfast that includes protein to keep me feeling full too!
The best part about these bowls is everything can be prepped ahead of time! You can roast a batch of sweet potatoes, easily prepare a jar of pickled onions, make as many hardboiled eggs as you want and sauté the spinach. If you want to prepare your bowls ahead of time, try to keep them in sealed glass containers in the fridge for easy access and storage.
What you need for Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl:
- Sweet Potato
- Pickled onions
- Trader Joe’s Ajika Georgian Seasoning Blend (or another seasoning of choice!)
- Sea salt
- Black Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes
How do you cook roasted sweet potatoes?
- Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees. Chop up the sweet potato into even pieces and spray with avocado oil spray.
- Add Trader Joe’s Ajika Georgian Seasoning Blend on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes (flipping half way through).
How do you make pickled onions?
Pickled onions add the best flavor to everything, but especially to this burger bowl! Start by chopping up the red onion in half and then into some thin “C” slices. Set aside to make the brine. Take 6oz of water and set to a boil on the stove. Put in 1 tbsp salt with 1 tbsp white sugar into the mason jar with red onion. Pour in the boiled water and then fill the rest of the jar with white vinegar. Place lid on mason jar and give it a spin to let onions soak it up. Store in the fridge for the week!
How to store Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl:
I like to store all the ingredients for the Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl in a sealed container in the fridge. I like these for easy storage. These Porter Bowls are also great to use for the pickled onions or any other storage needed.
If you like this recipe, you may enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
- Breakfast Egg Bake
- Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches
- Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- Southwestern Breakfast Burrito
What makes a balanced meal?
A balanced meal consists of a meal that includes protein, fat and carbs! In the sweet potato breakfast bowl, the protein are the hardboiled eggs, fat is the avocado and the carbohydrates are the sweet potatoes. Sa
How long do these breakfast bowls last?
All of these ingredients will last up to 2-3 days in the fridge already prepared. You can easily reheat them in the microwave to warm up before eating or enjoy cold. Whichever you prefer! Add the avocado on the day you plan to eat them to prevent from browning.
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 2 eggs, hardboiled
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 tbsp Ajika Georgian Seasoning Blend (from trader joes)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- For the pickled onions:
- 1 red onion
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 6oz water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- optional: red pepper flakes, fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop up sweet potato and place on baking sheet. Coat with avocado oil spray and Ajika Georgian Seasoning blend.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Flipping half way through.
- Prepare hardboiled eggs by heating up small pot to boil. Once boiling, place 2 eggs gently in the water and set timer for 12 minutes.
- Prepare ice bath for eggs once finished boiling.
- In pan on medium to low heat, add 2 cups of fresh spinach with sea salt and pepper to wilt.
- Prepare pickled onions by chopping up the onion length wise to "C" slices. Set aside.
- Heat up 6oz water in the microwave for 2 1/2 minutes or on the stove. Add onion to jar with 1 tbsp sugar and 1 tbsp salt.
- Once water has boiled, add to jar and top off with white vinegar to fill the jar completely. Let sit on counter before placing in the fridge.
- Prepare breakfast bowl by adding sweet potato, hardboiled eggs, sauteed spinach, pickled onions and avocado to a bowl. Add fresh cilantro and red pepper flakes on top.
Recipe for pickled onions will make enough for multiple servings.
Pickled onions are best when prepared a day before enjoying.
until next time...