I love having this homemade, easy mixed berry chia jam in the fridge during the week! It’s great to top on toast, use in yogurt or oatmeal bowls or top of pancakes or waffles! So many options and it is so simple to make. You won’t ever need to make a store bought jam once you make this one. All you need are 3 simple ingredients and you’re good to go!
What you need:
- Frozen mixed berries (or any frozen fruit that you’d like to use!)
- Maple syrup
- Chia seeds
How to make Easy Mixed Berry Chia Jam:
- Add 1 cup frozen berries to the stove on medium heat.
- Add 1 tbsp maple syrup and mix with berries. Continually mash the berries with a fork as they begin to heat up.
- You will want to keep an eye on this the whole time!
- Once they have mashed completely, add 1 tbsp chia seeds to mix together. Turn heat down to medium low heat.
- Stir until the jam thickens.
- Remove from heat and store in the fridge for the week!
How to store jam:
The best way to store the jam after you made it is in the fridge in a sealed container. I like to use a mason jar or a small storage container.
Can I use a different fruit?
Yes! Any frozen fruit can be used here to make a jam.
If you like this recipe, try these on One Balanced Life:
Save and Pin for later!
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries (or any frozen fruit)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Start by adding 1 cup frozen mixed berries to a saucepan to heat up on medium heat.
- Add 1 tbsp maple syrup and continue to mash with a fork as the fruit heats up.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add 1 tbsp chia seeds. Stir to thicken.
- Store in the fridge!
until next time...