I figured it was time to finally get an egg salad up on my site after all the many chicken and tuna salads we have here. This gets the credit as The Best Egg Salad because it’s full of flavor and is not lacking in add-in’s. Let’s be real, egg salad can come across as a little boring. I think you’ll love it after trying this one! This makes for an easy lunch during the week and can be used in so many different ways.
The Best Egg Salad
You know when it’s almost time for lunch and you have no idea what you’re going to make? This Egg Salad is always a favorite of mine! Not only is it super satisfying but it’s so easy to make! If you’re looking for a simple salad to make during the week, this is it. The best part about egg salad is that you can pair it with crackers, on a sandwich or English muffin, or on a bed of greens. There are so many ways to switch it up!
Eggs are a great source of protein and one that I try to incorporate in throughout the week. Since they are full of protein, they will keep you fuller longer. This easy lunch makes for a satisfying, balanced meal. I think it’s something that even those skeptical could be convinced.
Why you’ll love this:
- Egg Salad makes for the easiest lunch and this one is sooo good!
- We all love a new way to switch up how you enjoy eggs and this is definitely one of them!
- This is another great meal prep option for the busy weeks
What you need for Egg Salad:
- Hardboiled eggs
- Mayo made with avocado oil
- Dijon mustard
- Dill relish
- Green onion
- Sea salt, pepper, garlic powder
How to make Egg Salad:
- Start by hard boiling the eggs. I boil mine for 12 minutes and then place in a dish with ice water to cool down for a couple minutes.
- Add hardboiled eggs into a large bowl and chop up. Add remaining ingredients.
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients. Adjust seasonings if needed.
- Enjoy on bread, on top of greens or with crackers!
What are the best way to hardboiled eggs?
Start by filling a pot with water. Place it on the stove on high to boil. Once the water has started to boil, place eggs in the water. Set timer for 12 minutes. Prepare a bowl with water and ice cubes. Once the eggs have finished boiling, place in ice bath to cool.
How long will this last?
Keep this stored in the fridge for 2-3 days to eat on for maximal freshness. I like to store it in these containers!
Why this makes for a great weekday lunch:
- It’s simple to make!
- You can make enough to have for leftovers during the week
- It can be used in a wrap, on a sandwich, or on greens!
If you like this salad, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
Looking for more easy lunch ideas during the week? Check out this blog post with over 10 easy lunch ideas for a busy week!
Save and Pin for later!
- 6 hardboiled eggs
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp dill relish
- 2 tbsp diced pimentos
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup avocado oil mayo
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt + more to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cook eggs by letting a pot of water boil. Add in 6 eggs to boil and set timer for 12 minutes.
- Once timer is up, pour out the water and place eggs into an ice bath for 2-3 minutes until cooled off.
- In large bowl, add all ingredients. Peeled hardboiled eggs, pimentos, celery, dill relish, dijon, avocado oil mayo and seasonings. Mix to combine.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve on english muffins, with crackers or ontop of greens. Enjoy!
until next time...