If you’ve been here for a while, you know I love a good chicken salad. Chicken Salad is one of my favorite things to meal prep for the week because it’s great to keep in the fridge for an easy meal! This Cranberry Jalapeño Chicken Salad is packed with flavor and it’s the perfect mix of sweet and savory salad.
If you want something to switch up your lunches with, you have to try this chicken salad! One reason why I love prepping this is because there are so many ways to switch it up during the week. It’s also always so satisfying! I love this Cranberry Jalapeño Chicken Salad because it’s a good mix of sweet and savory. The best part is when you get a hint of each when you take a bite too, so good!! The key when making this is to really chop up all the ingredients! Finely chopping the cranberries, jalapeño and celery will ensure you get a bite of each
This chicken salad is perfect for meal prep, made with simple ingredients and comes together in less than 15 minutes.
What you need for Cranberry Jalapeño Chicken Salad:
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Dried Cranberries
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
- Sea Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Dill Powder
How to make this chicken salad:
- Start by shredding the chicken. I like to use a rotisserie chicken here because it’s easier and I like the taste better!
- Finely chop up the celery, cranberries and jalapeño. It’s key to have everything really chopped up!
- In a small bowl, combine mayo, greek yogurt, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, sea salt, garlic powder and dill. Mix.
- Using a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, cranberries, jalapeño and celery. Pour dressing on top and mix together to completely coat.
- Adjust seasonings if you’d like!
How to store your leftover chicken salad:
If you want to pair this chicken salad, try doing this:
- Put it on sourdough for an open faced sammie!
- Add it to a wrap for lunch
- Serve it with crackers and veggies for an easy meal
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
- Jalapeno Popper Tuna Salad
- Chipotle Chicken Salad
- Healthy Chicken Salad
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Chicken Salad
How long will this last for?
This will last in the fridge for up to 3-4 days while staying fresh and delicious!
Do I have to use rotisserie chicken?
No! You can also use shredded chicken breast. I love using rotisserie because I think it’s easier and I love the taste it brings to a chicken salad.
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 1.5 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/3 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp mayo
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dill powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Shred chicken breast.
- In a bowl, combine shredded chicken and finely diced cranberries, jalapeno and celery.
- In a small bowl, combine greek yogurt, mayo, dijon, apple cider vinegar, sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder and dill. Mix to combine.
- Pour mix on chicken and mix to combine.
- Adjust seasonings if you need.
- Top it on toast and serve with more jalapeno on top!
I used Avocado Oil Mayo and Fage plain greek yogurt.
until next time...